02-07-2013, 12:49 PM #1
- 524 Posts
Video is a knock around but still, Windows 8 without Desktop is perfect for a console. Every Modern app game can build in Kinect support or if the controller has a touchpad like Ouya, then you can use all apps with no more input on devs part. This will help tablet sales as apps can work cross platform, finally get your buy once idea play it on tablet and console because it is the same OS. Get more dev interest because the Xbox is already used less for the games. MS won't have to make apps anymore like Netflix, Skype is all ready rumored to be the voice chat. This is what Bill Gates wanted since Xbox 1...so...
- 02-07-2013, 01:48 PM #3
I think it's a pretty brilliant and straight forward concept. Microsoft has made an OS that works on PC and tablet alike, I think it makes great sense to put it in the next Xbox as well (probably without the desktop or with some changes to it).
It will truly combine all devices in one, you'll only need to download apps once and well, It's just a very good idea all around. I really hope Microsoft'll do something like it.
- By paulschapman in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 16Last Post: 01-31-2013, 09:05 AM
- By rmeigs in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 2Last Post: 01-28-2013, 11:09 PM
- By evilrobot in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 25Last Post: 12-13-2012, 11:19 AM
- By rebornempowered in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 4Last Post: 12-07-2012, 01:16 AM
- By jdevenberg in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 58Last Post: 10-18-2012, 07:26 AM