Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

One thing that a lot of people speculate, and I believe is totaly wrong is that next xbox is gonna be a beast computing wise. The price still needs to be low, so there is no chance it will be on par with todays gaming machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    My cousin's called Rob. And like I said, take it with a skip full of salt as he never gives me the sources. Lemme see if he's registered here though.
    I meant is he in a position that he would know?
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

Quote Originally Posted by BokiV View Post
    One thing that a lot of people speculate, and I believe is totaly wrong is that next xbox is gonna be a beast computing wise. The price still needs to be low, so there is no chance it will be on par with todays gaming machines.
    I worry you will be correct. They may have to compete with some seriously low cost othe mmachines. I hope they take a punt and make it powerful though, would be worth it. They lost over $1bn on the ring of death debacle. That money could have been spent at the start and got them a brilliant machine.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,472 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    I meant is he in a position that he would know?
    I don't think so. But I keep saying take it with a skip load of salt. After all, as he provides no source, I can't be sure. To me, I don't trust it despite the fact it is my cousin.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

I don't think so. But I keep saying take it with a skip load of salt. After all, as he provides no source, I can't be sure. To me, I don't trust it despite the fact it is my cousin.
    rats... I thought you had some superb inside track on the new box.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Contradictory reports state that the new box will be in front and behind in the specs. Who do we believe?
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

My cousin's called Rob. And like I said, take it with a skip full of salt as he never gives me the sources. Lemme see if he's registered here though.
    I see this almost exclusively on tech websites, and it confuses me every time. If you say, "take it with a grain of salt," you mean to NOT take it seriously, because a grain of salt is a very small amount. (In the original usage the grain of salt was the antidote to a poison, implying the poison was no actual threat.) However, people on tech websites like to say, "take it with a [very large amount] of salt," which would imply to take it very seriously. You appear to be saying the opposite, hence my confusion. Sorry about the tangeant.
    The new Xbox will be incorporated with steam

I would be shocked if that happened. Steam has their own box coming and Gabe is a vocal opponent of MS' policy of have a closed garden approach to gaming.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

I am thinking that they may offer two payment options. One to buy the console on the spot at 300 - 350. The other option may be the subscription model with a low upfront cost, possibly 100 upfront + 9.99 per month which includes Xbox Live gold membership.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Kotaku has been posting heavily recently about PS4 & Xbox. I hope both companies have further surprises as there is a boat load of info already out. There spec figures for both must now be almost certain as multiple sites post similar figures.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the real smackbo View Post
    The new Xbox will be incorporated with steam
    Just pour water.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12