09-23-2013, 06:27 PM #1
- 6 Posts
So on my friends xbox 360 years and years ago I made my xbox live account and linked it to my email. I chose a stupid bloody name and so wanted to change it. I thought this would be easy enough, or even as a preference to just delete the xbox account and then create a new one to my hotmail/live account.
On searching for ages on forums it seems that you can't delete xbox live gamer tags, and I just don't get why the heck not. Also if I want to change it I have to be on an xbox console which I don't have... the stupid xbox account always shows up on my windows phone 8.
So is there anyway to change this? or is this still something that Microsoft hasn't fixed. Not being able to delete an account is pretty basic stuff.
- 09-23-2013, 06:52 PM #2
AFAIK changes can only be made through the Xbox. I'm not sure why this is.----
My Device History circa 2007:
Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone
09-24-2013, 08:54 AM #3
- 1,250 Posts
"or is this still something that Microsoft hasn't fixed."
Maybe they do not feel it is broken. Maybe we do not feel it is broken either for that matter. I could probably throw a rock in any direction and hit someone with an XBox 360.Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...
- 09-24-2013, 11:39 AM #5"Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop
09-24-2013, 11:59 AM #6
- 265 Posts
OP you can't delete Apple IDs either so it's not a Microsoft conspiracy or something. You can try to change the account emails to free up your email address from the system. Then you can create a new account with that email.
A word of caution, I had to wait like 30 or maybe 90 days for the change to apply for some security reason when I changed mine.
- By Subin Abraham1 in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 5Last Post: 11-21-2013, 02:11 AM
- By Thimbro in forum HTC 8XReplies: 14Last Post: 10-16-2013, 06:48 PM
- By DKD116 in forum Upcoming and Rumored TabletsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2013, 03:25 PM
- By Miha_a in forum Samsung ATIV SReplies: 4Last Post: 09-24-2013, 07:27 AM
- By yxw4774 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 09-24-2013, 12:35 AM