Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. ziggyster2013's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
       #1  
    Hi if i was to buy an xbox one with call of duty ghost and a friend of mine has the same game on the 360 would we be able to join party and play together. or would we both need to own the same console ? many thanks

  2. MobileVortex's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    520 Posts
    #2  
    There as not been a definitive answer on this, but I can only imagine. 360 plays with 360. One plays with One.
  3. MerlotC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    148 Posts
    #3  
    It is feasible but don't know if they would implement it. They would have to limit maps and players to 360 standards. I'd like to see the option to play a few maps across Xboxes and pcs.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MerlotC View Post
    It is feasible but don't know if they would implement it. They would have to limit maps and players to 360 standards. I'd like to see the option to play a few maps across Xboxes and pcs.
    They tried that, with the game Shadowrun. I don't know how THAT game went, but here's this:

    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play News • News • Eurogamer.net

    As it says, PC gamers were destroying console players in head-to-head matches, which isn't a surprise in the slightest. Cross-platform between PlayStation and Xbox could be reasonably competitive, but PC peripherals (mouse and keyboard) offer too great of an advantage over controllers. They have better acceleration and precision, so it wouldn't even be a contest if Microsoft tried it.

    The only "maybe" option would be controllers-only lobbies on PC that allowed cross-platform play, but I have no idea how you could check the input source to even manage such a setup.
  5. MerlotC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    148 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    They tried that, with the game Shadowrun. I don't know how THAT game went, but here's this:

    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play News • News • Eurogamer.net

    As it says, PC gamers were destroying console players in head-to-head matches, which isn't a surprise in the slightest. Cross-platform between PlayStation and Xbox could be reasonably competitive, but PC peripherals (mouse and keyboard) offer too great of an advantage over controllers. They have better acceleration and precision, so it wouldn't even be a contest if Microsoft tried it.

    The only "maybe" option would be controllers-only lobbies on PC that allowed cross-platform play, but I have no idea how you could check the input source to even manage such a setup.
    Ya I played Shadowrun, had some nice ideas but poorly done and didn't last long.

    I wonder if it would be possible to mix pc and xbox gamers on the same teams to even them out.
  6. #6  
    No, it really wouldn't. The console gamers would still be at a massive disadvantage, so while the game types of hindrances would be in-place on each team, it would just lead to PC gamers complaining about carrying the "console kids."
  7. martinmc78's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,716 Posts
    #7  
    I wouldn't mind seeing some RTS games go cross platform maybe even multi-platform to include touch devices. RTS games aren't as lightning quick as FPS so it takes away some of the advantages. With Kinect voice controls you could even take away the keyboard shortcut advantage. "build assassin" instead of: navigate to barracks > open build queue > select assassin > select build.
  8. DJRedLine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    141 Posts
    #8  
    If you said Battlefield 4 then I would say not a chance in hell. (16v16 on X360 compared to 32v32+2Commanders on XB1)
    But as you said COD:Ghosts then possibly as the XB1/PS4 version will probably be a direct port of the X360/PS3 version. (Not seen anything that couldn't run on current consoles as their game engine is still awful)
  9. MobileVortex's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    520 Posts
    #9  
    Shadowrun was the best Multiplayer experience on xbox live IMO.
  10. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,674 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts
    #10  
    Is this something the developer can do without the permission of Microsoft? Like is this decision solely up to the developer?
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

    Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
  11. martinmc78's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,716 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Is this something the developer can do without the permission of Microsoft? Like is this decision solely up to the developer?
    I would imagine the developer would need permission from everybody before making it multi platform - I don't actually know but I would imagine that there is a hell of a lot of back end work involved in linking all the servers.
  12. DavidinCT's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,307 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,310 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    They tried that, with the game Shadowrun. I don't know how THAT game went, but here's this:

    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play News • News • Eurogamer.net

    As it says, PC gamers were destroying console players in head-to-head matches, which isn't a surprise in the slightest. Cross-platform between PlayStation and Xbox could be reasonably competitive, but PC peripherals (mouse and keyboard) offer too great of an advantage over controllers. They have better acceleration and precision, so it wouldn't even be a contest if Microsoft tried it.

    The only "maybe" option would be controllers-only lobbies on PC that allowed cross-platform play, but I have no idea how you could check the input source to even manage such a setup.
    Yea, a hardcore gamer with a keyboard and mouse could kill most people using a controler... I'm a hardcore PC gamer as well as consoles (PS3 and 360), I know I can be a lot more accurate with my gaming mouse than I can be with a controler...

    Most people who do more PC gaming than consoles feel the same....

    I will admit it would be nice if you can play the same game cross platform from both systems (360 and X1). I know family members wont have the X1 when I get it, it would be nice to grab a game that they have just to play with them...
  13. #13  
    I don't play much on PC (haven't re-installed Steam or any games since I upgraded to Windows 8, back in November or so), but I'd imagine that I could get on a cross-platform server and use a mouse and keyboard to beat up on good console gamers. I think that the gap in potential is MASSIVE between the PC and console manners of input, to the point where a below-average PC gamer could beat most above-average console ones. Change that to an above-average PC gamer, and I doubt many (if any) console gamers stand a chance.
  14. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,674 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    I would imagine the developer would need permission from everybody before making it multi platform - I don't actually know but I would imagine that there is a hell of a lot of back end work involved in linking all the servers.
    But what if it's that developers servers? Or instance if EA were using their servers? What's keeping them from having PC and Xbox or Xbox and S3 from sharing servers?
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

    Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    But what if it's that developers servers? Or instance if EA were using their servers? What's keeping them from having PC and Xbox or Xbox and S3 from sharing servers?
    The fact that EA's servers will go down and cripple your games.

Similar Threads

  1. Lumia 920 stuck on gears after reset...
    By Pr4w in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-08-2014, 08:43 AM
  2. A question about Verizon sim cards
    By Riverrunner88 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-04-2013, 11:39 AM
  3. Xbox Music Pass Lifetime Subscription
    By Gatlyn in forum XBOX Music
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 12:49 AM
  4. Getting "call back XXXXXXXX" on the bottom of texts...
    By Funky Cricket in forum Nokia Lumia 928
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2013, 09:42 PM
  5. How come none of the ringtone apps work on my device ?
    By Sanjay Chandra in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2013, 09:34 AM

Posting Permissions

B