Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Global Posts
    1,342 Global Posts
    I was looking around today and ran into this on a VERY well known Windows site, You would never find rumor at this site...

and I found this interesting on a disussion about Windows 8 and Xbox 1..

Quote Originally Posted by Winsupersite.com
    Price. Where the Xbox 360 can be had for as little as $99 with a two-year Xbox Live commitment at $15 a month, and a mainstream version is just $199, the Xbox One is a premium entertainment experience that ships with a Kinect sensor whether you want it or not and will cost $499. There’s no entry level version, and there’s no non-gaming version (though both were planned at one time).
    http://winsupersite.com/xbox/what-if...ther-windows-8

Figured this would be interesting to share...

Now that we know it will be $499.99, do you think it's too much and are you going to buy one ?
    PPC6800 ->HTC Touch Pro 2 ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

I hope people don't complain about 499. most of peoples phones cost more than that. For that price I'll buy 2.

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Well for that price they offer something good. Maybe something that hasn't been done before?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

"You would never find rumor at this site..."

Please!

89% of everything on the internet is rumor. The other 10% are LIES!
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

If it is true. I think $499.99 is a great price for what the Xbox One offers! I will definitely pay that to get one.

Not believing it as some end-all fact, however the price would seem pretty nice.

That said, I thought the entry level-with 2 year commitment-bundle would've been available.

Sadly tech prices don't do currency conversions. 500 usd would be less than 400€, at which price I wouldn't even think twice, but it's gonna be just USD = euro, thus at least 500€ :P

Global Posts
    1,654 Global Posts
    TAKE MY MONEY!

I hope Kinect 2.0 is as good as they are saying it is. I want to be a Jedi! Make it happen!
    That's too much money. I'll just wait and buy a used one from gamestop in a year for half that. But many will pay this much (sucker's born every minute, lmao!) and have many "reasons" to justify the high price.
    Go back pre-iPad and I think people would see $500 dollars and go OMG!!!

The iPad has changed people's perception of a $500 consumer device and I don't think there will be any major shock. People will just go, "It goes as much as an iPad."
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyCori View Post

The iPad has changed people's perception of a $500 consumer device and I don't think there will be any major shock. People will just go, "It goes as much as an iPad."
    In that case, I wonder how many people saw the iPad when it came out and went "It goes for just as much as an Xbox360/PS3".

I personally think that $500 is too good to be true. I will be extremely happy if the new consoles are $700 or under. If they are $700-800, I will not be disappointed at all.

If you bought an Xbox 360 or PS3 when they released, complaining about a $500-$600 Xbox One or PS4 makes you a hypocrite. :)

While $499 sounds about right and Paul Thurrott is pretty reliable, he has gotten some things about the One wrong. So I wouldn't count on pricing until I hear it from Microsoft.
    theefman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnieLasVegas View Post
    That's too much money. I'll just wait and buy a used one from gamestop in a year for half that.
    You can't even get a used slim 360 for half the new price now. Lol @ buying from that store anyway.
    It would be really interesting to see if MS goes with the subscription model for the XO launch. I'll probably only buy one next-gen system this fall but I might consider a subscription because that would free up funds for a PS4.

It would be really interesting to see if MS goes with the subscription model for the XO launch. I'll probably only buy one next-gen system this fall but I might consider a subscription because that would free up funds for a PS4.
    Would be smart if they would, im sure many would opt for it as the initial investment won't be as high which also brings in people who wouldn't get one in the first place to actually buy one :) But as long as such a deal is always just US only it won't really bring in that many people.

Even before iPads a smartphone would still be that 500 usd, so it's not like it that. And one could argue that a smartphone might do less than a tablet.

I really hope we're seeing one of those (initially) cheaper subscription model X1's, as that would definitely make it easier for me to afford one as well and I'm sure theres a crapton of people who think the same.
    In America we undervalue the price of our smartphones because of carrier subsidies. I think people would lose their marbles if they had to pay $650 for an unlocked Galaxy S4 or $700 for an HTC One.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek and Graven Pshya like this.

I'm not sure how a subscription model would work considering a large portion of the early adopters are people who already have XBOX LIVE, and have renewed religiously anyways.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    982 Global Posts
    If people gladly buy a stupid iPad for $499, why wouldn't they buy an XBox One which can do so much more?

Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    If people gladly buy a stupid iPad for $499, why wouldn't they buy an XBox One which can do so much more?
    Everyone places a different value on what they will or won't spend money on. I'm not gonna go out and spend $60 on Madden. I personally don't think its worth it. But Nintendo announces and releases the next Zelda tomorrow for $60 and I will be first in line.

I think that'll be the ideal price. I will most likely buy one for the family room & maybe another for my bedroom to replace my roku since prime is available on Xbox Live not to mention other services thus equating to the "One".

Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    I'm not sure how a subscription model would work considering a large portion of the early adopters are people who already have XBOX LIVE, and have renewed religiously anyways.
    Hmh, you are probably right...

How about just for new customers! Inb4 the ****storm from old users :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    I'm guessing an additional Live subscription would add-on to the current subscription. So if you have 1 year of Live + 1 more year you'll have 2 years of Live.

I'm guessing an additional Live subscription would add-on to the current subscription. So if you have 1 year of Live + 1 more year you'll have 2 years of Live.
    I wish.

I'm on LIVE anyways.

Global Posts
    1,342 Global Posts
    In America we undervalue the price of our smartphones because of carrier subsidies. I think people would lose their marbles if they had to pay $650 for an unlocked Galaxy S4 or $700 for an HTC One.

It's pretty funny to see when someone breaks their iPhone 5 (I know someone who went through this) and said no way to insurance when he got the phone (quote from him "Not worth it") and when walked in, while in contract and tried to get another one, Yep $599.99 and they would not budge on price any bit. He's now sporting a old Windows Mobile device (what he had sitting around) and knows the value of that $6 a month now.... All it takes is one time..

The Xbox One, if this price is right, is right in line where I thought it would be. Xbox 360 was $399.99 new, PS3 was $599.99....I bet the PS4 is released right around the same price or a little more... IF they release a $600-700 console, they will be in the same boat as they were before, too much money for most people and the reason why the 360 sold better...or in the price case, the Wii ($249.99)
    PPC6800 ->HTC Touch Pro 2 ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

HeyCori likes this.
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,776 Global Posts
    I think ~500 is where they need to be with The One.... Although I can't help but feel it will more than that when you consider the Kinect.

Anyhow, it's going to be fun watching MS' E3 press event on June 10 @ 12:30PM EDT (11:30 PM for me, so I can watch on my lunch break).

Edit, Corrected the time!
    Last edited by sinime; 06-05-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast