Hi folks, just signed up to ask this question:

I'm currently trialling the 30 day pass for Xbox Music, which is fantastic by the way.

The trial period is coming to a close though, and I'll have to pony up for a year's sub. It's 99.90 (euro) directly from the phone/website but I've heard whispers you can get them considerably cheaper elsewhere but I can't seem to find anywhere else.

Anyone know? Could I buy an American code and redeem it on my account without region-lock issues and all that jazz?

Thanks guys. Love the app BTW! WP8 is goddamn awesome.

Nobody knows? Or am I posting this in the wrong forum?

3 Ireland HTC 8X 16GB

Xbox Music Pass - Xbox.com

It is a XBox feature. As far as cost, have not seen any deals on the monthly cost other than getting a break for paying for the entire year. If that even still exists with the new music pass. I still have the grandfathered plan with 10 free songs a month, so am not 100% sure on the new plan tiers.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x
    Media Player: Zune HD 32 x 2, Zune 120, Zune 80
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface 2 64Gb, Microsoft Surface RT 64Gb, Archos 101, Archos 70

Basically its 9.99 a month or 99.90 for the entire year.

Cant remember where I read it but I saw somebody claim they got a years sub from eBay for 60 or 70 dollars. Just don't want to drop close to 100 quid if I can get it for a lot cheaper.

3 Ireland HTC 8X 16GB

That must have been a personal sale someone did on ebay and then transferred the account to a new Windows ID.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x
    Media Player: Zune HD 32 x 2, Zune 120, Zune 80
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface 2 64Gb, Microsoft Surface RT 64Gb, Archos 101, Archos 70

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    It was probably a personal sale on ebay, they were giving out 1 year passes when purchasing a surface. I got one and am using it right now. Would be interested in finding deals on the music pass like xbox live, but haven't seen one or even seen a place to purchase passes.

Baah, that's a shame. Thanks for the help lads.

Guess Ill be 100 euro poorer in a few days😄

3 Ireland HTC 8X 16GB

I assume that some local stores get XBOX Music Prepaid Card for a relatively low price. I heard from a Chinese friend of mine that he once bought a 3-month XBOX Prepaid Card for 60 yuan (~9.7 dollars).

Hey im from uk and bought http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009VI...wpcentral00-20 which is digital delivery and works fine for me, also a years code for $99 which is about 76 hope that helps. (don't blame me if it doesn't work for what ever reason)
    Thanked by:

To be honest, if you have a Nokia device I would recommend Nokia Music over Xbox Music at this time. Xbox Music has a lot of flaws currently. Nokia Music only costs 3.99 per month and should suffice until MSFT gets Xbox Music fixed. It may only be a streaming service however so I would check first.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

Quote Originally Posted by gsquared View Post
    To be honest, if you have a Nokia device I would recommend Nokia Music over Xbox Music at this time. Xbox Music has a lot of flaws currently. Nokia Music only costs 3.99 per month and should suffice until MSFT gets Xbox Music fixed. It may only be a streaming service however so I would check first.
    No, got a HTC 8X, and as far as I know Nokia Music is streaming only, which is a dealbreaker anyway. I can't be reliant on ropey 3G networks when I'm out and about.

I got a year for 99.90 around two weeks ago anyway, so the thread can be closed. Thanks for the replies guys.

3 Ireland HTC 8X 16GB