So I need some help. I have been a long time Zune user. My wife was the first to get a Wp7 device. I was holding out for Wp8 which I now have with the Lumia 920. Zune/Xbox Music allows for the use of multiple phones under one account. How do we keep the devices on the account, but content of phones seperate? Upon entering my Windows Live ID into my brand new Lumia all my wifes contacts loaded onto my phone, as well as her music. I spent a good portion of the night removing this data. I did shut the cloud feature on my 920 off. Upon removal of the contacts, my wife informed me they disappeared off her phone aswell. So, how do we enjoy the Music pass and all Wp has to offer avoiding the syncing of info on our seperate devices throught the one Windows Live account? Any help would be appreciated.

We have four WP phones in our household, all using the same Live account. We do that because it allows us to share purchases and access Zune music. There are a few downsides. One of which is just what you described, the email and calendar for the login are shared. Another is that you share the Skydrive account. Everyone's pictures get uploaded but they do go into separate directories.

Each of us also have an email account on my domain. We access it with Gmail. So no one stores anything on the Live account. They store their contacts and calendar on their Gmail account. One cool side benefit is we use the Live calendar to share things like school events.

The music has worked fine with WP7 as each person sync'd their musing using the Zune software. However, WP8 has taken this away. I'm working through how to best access just "your" music. What we really need is a good sync application like the Zune software. I'm hoping to spend some time today working on the problem.

I'd suggest using one Live account for sharing as described above and other accounts for individual data.

Rob
    Thanked by:
    Thanks for the response. I have four in my house with my one more to add. Was wondering how best to manage the transition. Would be nice to have a thread dedicated to this topic?

Thanks Rob. I am going to leave it as is as you suggested. I agree we need a better option for Music syncing. I did download the Wp8 app for my Win7 desktop. It located and transferred all my music to my Lumia 920. Only issue is that was the library from my Zune account. So while the music will play now, I'm sure I will experience issues with the music in the future as the songs need to reauthorize at some point and Zune music is not compatible with Xbox Music. Also a bummer that I cannot transfer my purchased video content from Zune to my 920. Hopefully a fix is in the works.

If you are using the same Outlook account for both phones for XBox music(Zune), your phone will share contacts as well as share the XBox music pass. What you should be able to do, though, is filter out that account on your phone under people settings so that her contacts do not show on your phone. If you have your own Outlook account, that can be added as a secondary email account and will sync your own contacts, mail and calendar.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x
    Media Player: Zune HD 32 x 2, Zune 120, Zune 80
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface 2 64Gb, Microsoft Surface RT 64Gb, Archos 101, Archos 70