Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    3,695 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    When trying to load an image from a forum thread or article, upon loading the image red text appears that says "Failed to fetch the image, click here to open in Internet Explorer". Also, could be related, it seems to take longer than normal to retrieve the images for articles on the main page of the app.
    Thanked by:
    vikrant6 likes this.
    Resident Developer

Initial triage: Potentially due to changes in the forum system, need to re-visit the custom image downloader and check if the cookie jar we send is still valid for retrieving images.

The second part is unrelated.
    Thanked by:
    Resident Developer

Update: I've not had time to fix this fully in 4.3.17 due in a few days, but I have moved the error down the screen so that it's easier to tap it and open the image in a browser as a fail safe
    Thanked by:
    pmhgeneral and vikrant6 like this.
    Developer

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Any update on when this may be fixed? :)
    EE- Lumia 920 Black - GDR3 Preview
    Vodafone - Lumia 925 Black - GDR/Amber
    Vodafone - Lumia 520 Yellow - GDR3 Preview

My own room for chatting if anyone is interested...
    http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.coldfront.net/wpc_chat

Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    Still shows the error at the very top for me...I have the absolute latest version.
    Also have this issue too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Bennett View Post
    Update: I've not had time to fix this fully in 4.3.17 due in a few days, but I have moved the error down the screen so that it's easier to tap it and open the image in a browser as a fail safe
    Hi Jay, were you able to make any breakthrough in figuring out the root cause of this issue and maybe implementing a fix? Thanks!

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    When I try to open the image in a post using mobile app for WPCentral I get error of fetching the data.
    I have reinstalled app a few times but no go.
    Same issue here. Just try viewing it from the browser.

Or, just wait for Jay to fix it.
    P.S. The thread should be under http://forums.wpcentral.com/wpcentral-com-app-support/
    Reviver of Forum Games! I'm TheWPCTraveler over on Nintendo Life, as well. You'll also find me over at gamrConnect as well, because I like numbers.

3DS Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109 | NNID: TheWPCTraveler
    Devices: Lumia 630, ASUS T100, Nintendo 3DS XL.
    Now Playing: Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars [3DS]
    Now Watching: Only Yesterday (おもひでぽろぽろ)

I am having this problem as well. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I still have this problem. Latest version , Verizon HTC 8X running GDR3, but it was happening when I had GDR2. And I can't view on the mobile site because everytime I log in the site logs me out (this is only when I access through the app). Is a fix forthcoming?

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I have this problem currently on my L928. Is there something I can do to be able to fix it so I can see images through the app? It's frustrating getting that error message and not being able to see the pics.

Thanks Jay. We appreciate the work you do!

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    I'm having this issue now. I've deleted everything, purged logs, etc. Still can't view images inside posts. Somebody please help... :(

Global Posts
    3,245 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefulberry View Post
    I'm having this issue now. I've deleted everything, purged logs, etc. Still can't view images inside posts. Somebody please help... :(
    Same thing happens to me also.
    On the very latest update.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    What causes this? How do I fix it?

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    Any word on when this will be fixed. Can't see images on the live tile or inside the forums. Black space on live tile and "failed to fetch image..." error in the forums.

Deleted app cache, soft reset, etc. Nothing works. :(
    Resident Developer

Quote Originally Posted by peacefulberry View Post
    Any word on when this will be fixed. Can't see images on the live tile or inside the forums. Black space on live tile and "failed to fetch image..." error in the forums.

Deleted app cache, soft reset, etc. Nothing works. :(
    You're describing two different issues there. The forum image one is a pain (I spent another two hours on it yesterday to no avail) but I'm hoping to figure something out soon!

The other issues are unrelated and possibly due to poor network signal at the time you were using the app?

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    You're describing two different issues there. The forum image one is a pain (I spent another two hours on it yesterday to no avail) but I'm hoping to figure something out soon!

The other issues are unrelated and possibly due to poor network signal at the time you were using the app?
    Thanks for getting back with me about this! Yes, 2 separate issues. The second issue is that I can't see images inside the forum. I click on the word "images" and it says, " failed to fetch image..." I didn't know if these 2 issues were related since they both involve pictures. Glad to see you're working on the first issue. Thx so much! :)

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    I am still having the images loading issue. Anybody know how to fix it?

Global Posts
    31,248 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I use the Tapatalk app for viewing images in the forum threads. Tapatalk | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Almost a whole year and you have yet to figure out the problem? Why not just let pictures be seen in the post

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    Thanks for sharing 😊. I was hoping the WPC app would be able to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura Knotek View Post
    I use the Tapatalk app for viewing images in the forum threads. Tapatalk | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Resident Developer

Quote Originally Posted by ReconVirus View Post
    Almost a whole year and you have yet to figure out the problem? Why not just let pictures be seen in the post
    It wasn't as simple as just "let them appear!" The problem boiled down to the pictures in our forums requiring people to be signed in to view, a decision that's out of my hands. I used to be able to send the same tapatalk cookies I use for the rest of the forums to retrieve the image however that then suddenly stopped working for reasons I have never been able to understand.

The VERY good news is that my currently in-beta release of the app has fixed this issue, as we're switching over entirely to the mobile nations passport system, and that works for getting the images.

I'm hoping to finish off a couple more tweaks to the app this week then we'll be releasing this update very soon!
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Nice one.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast