Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    We have a new version and now we have a new thread for questions. Want to know what's new:

Now Available: Windows Phone Central app v4 | Windows Phone Central

Thanked by:
    Sean Burns1, iboypx and Guytronic like this.

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    I don't know if others have this problem, but often when I click on a thread under participated or recent, it goes into a completely different thread. Alot if times its a thread that I haven't even participated in. The other day I posted a comment to a completely different thread and didn't even realize it until someone commented that my comment had nothing to do with the topic. All I could do was modify my post and apologize. I've tried clearing the app cache, but this still happens often- even with the new version just released.
    Resident Developer

That forum issue is on my list for the first maintenance release :)
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTBennett View Post
    That forum issue is on my list for the first maintenance release :)
    Awww...thanks Jay! ♡

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Awesome Jay!!!

Were double wide tiles disabled or am I doing something wrong? I didn't see that in the change log that it was removed? The only mention I saw was "fixed for WP7.8 tile issue." other than that everything seems to be working smoothly, glad to have a regularly updated tile for my Lumia 900 7.8.

Updated to v4 and now the tile isn't showing a count? I use the small tile. Any.. Suggestions? I'd prefer to stick with the WPC flip tile cause its more aesthetically pleasing.

And great work Jay 💃
    Performance of fetching News Feeds has definitely increased and I can feel it!
    Resident Developer

Quote Originally Posted by L2nak View Post
    Updated to v4 and now the tile isn't showing a count? I use the small tile. Any.. Suggestions? I'd prefer to stick with the WPC flip tile cause its more aesthetically pleasing.

And great work Jay 
    The tile should absolutely be showing a count, although thinking about it the method used for updating the tile did have to change on 7.8, assuming that's the one you're using then the small count may have been inadvertently lost when I switched back to the old Windows Phone 7 method of updating it...

I'll fix that soon (it won't be the next update as it's only for WP8 users to fix the crash on startup when their language settings are messed up), but in the meantime the iconic tile will work for small sized counts.
    Resident Developer

Quote Originally Posted by peacefulberry View Post
    Awww...thanks Jay! ♡
    I should slightly amend that, the second maintenance release. I very quickly submitted a bug fix last night because despite announcing the known issue of bad speech language settings on phones I'm getting slated in reviews by people who didn't read that article and have had the app crash on startup.

I'm using WP8, I reinstalled it and now it's working for some reason. Thanks!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Great work Jay!

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    I am unable to apply the update. It does the download then has an error. It has been doing this for two or three days now. I had the same issue with another app and it was because it disappeared from my purchase history. I can't check if that is the case with my wpcentral app at the moment. Unfortunately I am unable to update the app. I had a few other updates yesterday and they all went through okay.
    Resident Developer

I think a few people have had this with our app disappearing from purchase history. Unfortunately I have absolutely no control over these kind of account issues. I'd suggest you get in touch with account support via billing.microsoft.com best of luck!
    Thanked by:

Thanks Jay!
    :)

Congratulations for the best app for windows phone news in the market...

Ok, I found out that the only setting that has wide tile support is iconic, but imo that defeats the beauty of a wide tile, compared to what it was before being able to see an image of the latest headline.
    Also, for some reason, on my Lumia 900, high quality images is now disabled. I can understand 256mb devices but this used to work beautifully for me without any problems.
    Not sure if those are all bugs, as none of those issues were mentioned in the cha ge log.

Thanks again for an awesome app, definitely one of the few that set the quality for WP apps.

Just wanted to mention that since this update my whatsapp tile count does not update when chats are muted. Anyone else experience anything like this?
    Resident Developer

Quote Originally Posted by sdreamer View Post
    Ok, I found out that the only setting that has wide tile support is iconic, but imo that defeats the beauty of a wide tile, compared to what it was before being able to see an image of the latest headline.
    Also, for some reason, on my Lumia 900, high quality images is now disabled. I can understand 256mb devices but this used to work beautifully for me without any problems.
    Not sure if those are all bugs, as none of those issues were mentioned in the cha ge log.

Thanks again for an awesome app, definitely one of the few that set the quality for WP apps.
    The latter problem there (pertaining to HQ images being disabled on WP7) is a bug that I missed whilst trying to do a fast turnaround on a crucial bug fix. It will be resolved in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTBennett View Post
    The latter problem there (pertaining to HQ images being disabled on WP7) is a bug that I missed whilst trying to do a fast turnaround on a crucial bug fix. It will be resolved in the next release.
    Great to know, thanks!

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    One thing I ask to change although it's only minor is when I goto account settings and goto change the photo of the current phone I have,the Lumia 720 is not listed
    Don't be an iSheep,follow the exclusive WP Sheep
    Probably a bit of a newb question here, but can't easily find the answer.

I sign into the forums here through my connected Microsoft account. The app here asks for my username/password and refuses to take my forum username and Microsoft Id password. Neither will it accept my Microsoft Id and password.

How am I to log into the forum part of the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by o Aperture o View Post
    Probably a bit of a newb question here, but can't easily find the answer.

I sign into the forums here through my connected Microsoft account. The app here asks for my username/password and refuses to take my forum username and Microsoft Id password. Neither will it accept my Microsoft Id and password.

How am I to log into the forum part of the app?
    You're supposed to give your forum username and your forum password. At least, that's how I do it.
    I don't have a phone right now. At least, a working one.
    That's the point I'm trying to make. I authenticate into the forum using my Microsoft account thought the Mobile Nations passport portal. I don't have a forum password.

Unless you're telling me that I should change my forum password through my forum settings, which kind of defeats the purpose of using the connected account for easy access.
    Resident Developer

Quote Originally Posted by o Aperture o View Post
    That's the point I'm trying to make. I authenticate into the forum using my Microsoft account thought the Mobile Nations passport portal. I don't have a forum password.

Unless you're telling me that I should change my forum password through my forum settings, which kind of defeats the purpose of using the connected account for easy access.
    At present yes you can't authenticate into the forum using a Microsoft account, the passport solution hasn't been implemented into the app yet. It's being worked on right now but has taken some time to get the client to server communications functional
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast