- 12-22-2012, 08:04 AM #1
Think you know Windows Phone? Would you like a chance to help the greatest community in all of Windows Phone? Well here is your chance.
I am looking for volunteers to help with our Ambassadors team. I am looking for members who have a love for Windows Phone OS who own a Windows Phone, XBOX, Windows 8 Tablet, or PC and would like to help by answering questions and writing informative tutorials. What you get is a new user title and access to our Ambassadors hidden forum. O_o... You also get my undying gratitude.
What is required of you? You must have at least 100 posts to join. Other than that not much.
- Unanswered threads: Please do read through the unanswered threads list and answer as many threads as you can whenever you can. We would like you to reserve 1 hour per week of your forum time just working on these threads.
- Write Tutorials: We will be posting descriptions of threads we need started in the forum. We are currently working on a list of threads we would like to see stickied in each area. From time to time we will have special requests. We will like you to spend on average 1 hour per week on this task.
- Engage the Community: Get into the forums and talk with members, answer questions and start up threads in the off-topic lounge, anything to get and keep this community talking. It's important that our ambassadors not only help members and write tutorials but you all should be avid 'experts' in the forums as well. This will help us refine the forums. If you ever find any bugs or problems report them to me.
Our Ambassadors are special people their knowledge of Windows Phone, Windows 8, XBOX, Skydrive, Outlook and all things Microsoft comes for using the products. Nothing beats first hand experience. We need your expertise to help grow this community.
Only other thing I insist is that you have fun. Most of this stuff you have been doing already so why not carry the title with you. If you would like to be a member of the Windows Phone Central Ambassadors team please send me a Private Message @ Dave Blake.
- 12-22-2012, 03:23 PM #5
- 12-23-2012, 12:21 AM #7
Unfortunately I have a Windows Phone 7, not 8. Plus, if I became an ambassador then released a Windows Phone app (as I plan to), then what happens. Also, I have an Xbox 360, and a MacBook Pro with Windows 8 and Mac OS, and a desktop with Windows 8 & Windows 7.Windows Phone Central Moderator "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'." - Apparently you can have an iPhone transplant...
- 12-23-2012, 06:28 AM #8
- 12-23-2012, 09:29 AM #9Windows Phone Central Moderator "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'." - Apparently you can have an iPhone transplant...
- 12-23-2012, 08:15 PM #12
01-21-2013, 09:11 AM #13
- 329 Posts
Too bad for the 100 post thing. I would nominate my pal iknowsingh. He is crazy about all things Microsoft, and his knowledge on the OS, the hardware, software, and the company's history (as well as his semi-creepy knowledge of the founder....but keep that between us) makes him a truly qualified individual for any position on this forum. We've been Windows Mobile fans since before the days of the HTC Mogul for Sprint. LOL
- 01-21-2013, 09:16 AM #14Twitter: @rdubmu
01-21-2013, 09:25 AM #15
- 295 Posts
Well, I go through the unanswered posts and try to help whenever I can. All this without being or wanting to be an Ambassador, and this is what makes me really a great person! ...don't worry, just pushing my self esteem here ;-)
- 01-27-2013, 09:43 PM #16Windows Phone Central Moderator "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'." - Apparently you can have an iPhone transplant...
- 03-11-2013, 02:06 PM #18
I would love to help out! I know SO much about windows phone, Xbox, windows, etc. I mean I don't know everything, but I think I could fit the roll. I have maybe cursed a few times, but I can stop doing that (I mean, who hasn't cursed?). I will go through the unanswered threads and try to help people, and try to resolve their problems. I think I can be a great help to the wpcentral staff. I always wanted to be a part of this amazing team and staff. I have a nokia lumia 920, a surface rt, a Xbox 360 with kinect, a Mac (trying to find a good PC to replace it, tried a vizio and didn't like it), and an iPad 3.
By the way, I got 20 people to switch to windows phone over the past two years. I think that is pretty good. :)
Last edited by unstoppablekem; 03-11-2013 at 02:19 PM.
- 03-11-2013, 02:19 PM #19
Pmhgeneral WPcentral ambassador.
You have to Ask Yourself just one question, Do You Feel Lucky?
- 03-11-2013, 02:32 PM #21