- 11-27-2012, 05:38 PM #1
Some pretty sweet news for us today. Avatars are now supported by Mobile Nations Passport! This replaces the previous method of uploading your avatar via the forums. Now you can upload your avatar in one spot (your Passport account page) and it will show up on ALL Mobile Nations sites where you participate. It's one avatar to rule them all!
Some key things you should know:
- To access this new feature, simply click on the cogwheel at the top right hand corner of the site when logged in, and then click on 'Your Account'. Click your avatar, and ALL of your existing avatars are available in a gallery.
- If you have tied your account to single sign-ons (Facebook, Twitter, Google, Microsoft, etc.), you'll also find these avatars in your gallery! + Gravatar too!
- From there, you can select a different avatar or even re-crop existing ones. If you don't like any of the avatars you have in your account, you can also upload a new avatar.
- We can accept avatars up to 500x500 pixels.
- If you had multiple avatars, we've picked one of your avatars to use as your new default avatar. It has been cropped to 100x100 pixels as well. If you had a larger avatar, it may be cropped! You can easily recrop or change the avatar under Your Account.
This is a cleaner, more robust system than we had before. Even if you only participate in one forum, you're going to want to give this a look.
We're also rolling out avatar integration into the blog comments as well (it's already supported on AndroidCentral, iMore and WPCentral), so do take a few moments to 'spiffy' up your avatar.
Note to Tapatalk users: You can continue to upload avatars via Tapatalk - they will get uploaded seamlessly to your passport profile page.
That's it for now folks, let me know what you think!
Last edited by James Falconer; 11-27-2012 at 06:16 PM.
12-02-2012, 05:18 PM #10
- 6 Posts
I'm able to upload an appropriately sized avatar, however I'm unable to drag said image into the Avatar Selection area. Using I.E 10.0.9200.16438. Any suggestions? I've tried using webpage compatibility mode as well with no success either
**Update: Tried with Opera and the rest of assets loaded to save/manipulate the avatar.
Last edited by cesaro619; 12-02-2012 at 07:02 PM.
- 12-04-2012, 11:44 PM #11
Sounds like you're trying to drag from the avatar list into the edit box (which is a nice idea). If you are that sort of drag functionality is for uploading new avatars, to select an avatar for 'editing' just click one of the avatars in the lower list.
Hope this helps... but let me know if I was barking up the wrong tree.
- By kevin_233 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 11-19-2012, 02:21 PM
- By Kevin Michaluk in forum WPCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 0Last Post: 10-01-2012, 09:41 PM
- By 12Danny123 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 09-14-2012, 01:54 PM
- By XBWillem in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 02-07-2012, 03:52 PM
- By Bear lx in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2011, 12:17 AM