View Poll Results: What are you more excited for? The MS Surface 2 vs Nokia Sirius RT?
- 48. You may not vote on this poll
Microsoft Surface 2
Nokia 'Sirius' RT
i cant decide, i want both!!!
09-20-2013, 04:46 PM #1
- 25 Posts
based on what little we know so far, which are you most excited for? the Microsoft Surface 2, rumoured to be a full Windows 8 tablet,
or the Nokia 'Sirius' RT Tablet - with the Snapdraggon (spelling fail) 800 processor - and supposed to be lighter and thinner than a iPad?
- 09-20-2013, 05:20 PM #3
That said after using them all, I am sticking with no tablet. I need a really a solid reason in my life to switch from Windows 8.1 pro to RT.
- 09-20-2013, 06:33 PM #4
I'm leaning on the Sirius RT. I'm banking in the chipset to make the decision, since I don't think the Tegra 4 (or 5, for that matter) won't match up to the power of the 800 , though it will be enough.I'm also over at the Moriya Shrine! Go there if you're also a fan of Touhou. After all, it is a small community, like WP, right?
09-20-2013, 07:13 PM #5
- 88 Posts
Sirius RT, simply because it may very well look much better than the Surface.
But what I'm really looking forward to is something like the Padfone but with Windows in the future.Lumia 820 (white & red shells) + White Purity In-ear + 32GB Samsung Class 10 Micro SD HC
- 09-20-2013, 09:59 PM #7I'm also over at the Moriya Shrine! Go there if you're also a fan of Touhou. After all, it is a small community, like WP, right?
- 09-20-2013, 10:06 PM #9I'm also over at the Moriya Shrine! Go there if you're also a fan of Touhou. After all, it is a small community, like WP, right?
- 09-20-2013, 10:11 PM #11
- 09-22-2013, 04:35 AM #15
Where's the option for neither?
No RT device is more capable than the $800 thin and light laptop I bought in 2010. It would be redundant to keep that around if I'm getting a 10+ inch, $500+ device, and buying a decent ultrabook would add another $1200 at minimum. While I believe the Metro interface is quite frankly superior to what iOS and Android are doing on this kind of form factor, the app situation is just awful. For the few times I've poked my head into the Windows Store, I leave disgusted. As is, there is absolutely no way I can recommend an RT device over Android or iOS, unless the only thing you ever, ever do is run Microsoft apps. (Even then, many of the built-in apps are far less mature than what competitors offer.)
Microsoft may be boasting 100K+ apps on the Windows Store, but the quality is worse than Windows Phone in early 2011. Maybe Windows Phone is starting to gain traction because it actually has crossed some preliminary app gap. Windows 8's ecosystem feel years behind in comparison.
09-22-2013, 05:07 AM #16
- 1 Posts
- 09-22-2013, 12:51 PM #18
- By Ashley Davies1 in forum Nokia Lumia 620Replies: 34Last Post: 11-16-2013, 05:32 PM
- By gsquared in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 09-22-2013, 09:34 AM
- By Pulserider in forum Nokia Lumia 720Replies: 8Last Post: 09-21-2013, 09:30 AM
- By Shishir Girjapurkar in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 4Last Post: 09-21-2013, 01:25 AM
- By Smyrna5 in forum The Photography LoungeReplies: 3Last Post: 09-20-2013, 12:23 PM