- 10-14-2013, 08:40 PM #1
Question: does the GDR3 affect the carrier-exclusive accent colours? Since the OS hasn't gone through the carriers, will carrier exclusive accent colours be erased?
Example: I have my phone with Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile) specifically because they have a special dark grey accent colour. If I install GDR3 this way, will I lose the exclusive accent colour?
- 10-14-2013, 10:13 PM #3
As luk already said, this update has no affect on firmware, and an accent color would be a part of your carrier's firmware. As such, it should remain untouched.I'm 15 and I like: Swimming, Space, Science, Math, Food, Sleep and of course: Microsoft. (aka, nerd on a bun)
- 10-14-2013, 11:15 PM #4
Thanks for both answers. It occurred me it could be a firmware thing, but since it was regarding accent colours, I feared it could be affected.
(This leads me to question: if it's firmware, why on Earth hasn't Nokia made an App to give us a colour wheel instead of forcing us to stick to 20 or 20+1 accent colours? o_O They techincally could do it without the need for an OS update then...)
10-15-2013, 12:09 AM #6
- 339 Posts
- 10-15-2013, 06:13 AM #8I'm 15 and I like: Swimming, Space, Science, Math, Food, Sleep and of course: Microsoft. (aka, nerd on a bun)
- 10-15-2013, 02:49 PM #10I'm 15 and I like: Swimming, Space, Science, Math, Food, Sleep and of course: Microsoft. (aka, nerd on a bun)
- By denzilla in forum Windows Phone GDR3 PreviewReplies: 41Last Post: 10-30-2013, 08:39 AM
- By Jeremy Lebens in forum Windows Phone GDR3 PreviewReplies: 7Last Post: 10-28-2013, 11:16 AM
- By Toink in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 15Last Post: 10-24-2013, 05:28 PM
- By BrandonCormier in forum Nokia Lumia 521Replies: 4Last Post: 10-15-2013, 01:27 PM
- By swanlee in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 10-14-2013, 08:25 PM