- 10-14-2013, 10:35 AM #1Use the "Search Thread" function to get around in this thread. It is getting too big to read every post, so this should help make things easier!
First off, for those who didn't see the article: Get GDR3 today: Microsoft announces Windows Phone Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Central
Get this app to update: Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
So who is going to be updating their WPs today? For us AT&T 920 users, it is like getting two major updates in one week! I just signed up for App Studio program and started downloading the necessary files to developer-unlock my 920.
Call this Ambassador excited!
This will most likely void your warranty until the official update hits your phone
-You will still have Amber features on your phone
-You will not get Bittersweet with this update. It will still come with the official GDR3 update.
-You can not downgrade (User Toink is reporting that he/she successfully downgraded to GDR2 using Nokia Care Suite. Tread VERY carefully considering MS said you will not be able to do this.)
-You will be able to accept the official update without losing your data
To get the update:
1. Go here to register for Windows Phone App Studio: Windows Phone App Studio | Microsoft
2. Install this app to update: Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
For a video that describes the info in more detail, go here: http://www.wpcentral.com/video-micro...s-phone-8-gdr3
Features noticed to be working:
-Close from multitask screen
-Rotation Lock (though not the most convenient; issues with a couple isolated apps)
-Drive Mode present
-Custom call and text tones for each contact
Changes/Updates other users are reporting:
-From user luk3ja
- slight changes to data sense settings options
- reminders sound can now be changed
- phone storage break down is loadsss better and much much faster!
- new keyboard setting to switch back to letters after typing an emoticon
-Some users reporting better bluetooth support for car stereos
For articles from WPCentral regarding further GDR3 update information, check out these articles:
PLEASE POST ANY ISSUES OR FEATURES YOU NOTICE. I WILL PLACE THEM IN THIS POST.
Last edited by mase123987; 10-15-2013 at 03:58 PM.
- 10-14-2013, 10:40 AM #4
- 10-14-2013, 10:43 AM #7
Hell yea. I am. God i hate the carriers update management >.<
- 10-14-2013, 10:52 AM #14
10-14-2013, 11:00 AM #19
- 2,246 Posts
Ehh I guess ill do it!Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!
Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
- By alv3st3r in forum Windows Phone GDR3 PreviewReplies: 71Last Post: 10-17-2013, 06:01 PM
- By Sebaton in forum Nokia Lumia 720Replies: 6Last Post: 10-15-2013, 03:49 AM
- By MadeInLondon in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 10-14-2013, 05:13 PM
- By Siah1214 in forum Nokia Lumia 928Replies: 7Last Post: 10-14-2013, 02:03 PM