Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Anyone heard about us getting this game?
    Not yet.

Just wait till the candy is ready to crush.

(That or wait till King gets crowned on Windows Phone)

I'm running out of puns.
    Apparently, there is not a single trace of Segoe UI on this forum.

Isn't that like Bejeweled? Never played it, but from images posted on my Facebook wall it looks like Bejeweled.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,426 Global Posts
    Yeah, it is essentially Bejeweled. If you've got a WP8 Lumia get Bejeweled Live+. If you like Candy Crush Saga you will LOVE Bejeweled.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Yeah, it's a blatant Bejeweled knockoff. That's the thing I'll never understand about mobile gaming; how nearly identical games with some re-branding can end up being so successful. Sure, there are a lot of clones in more traditional gaming, but those developers at least put some effort in offering some kind of distinct interpretation of the same theme. I guess there's no compelling reason to bother here.
    Thanked by:

I hope we get it soon! Although playing it on Facebook will do for now
    kbilly70 likes this.

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    It seems that "Candy Crush Saga" is the most popular one, a favour one for many girls ... to be similar is NOT enough ...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaripi View Post
    It seems that "Candy Crush Saga" is the most popular one, a favour one for many girls ... to be similar is NOT enough ...
    Challenge accepted.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    I don't get why people are so concerned with what amounts to candy-based Bejeweled. I get that some here are concerned with a "status" statement with having the game, but I do not get the popularity of the game itself.

I was semi-interested in the game until I started getting spammed relentlessly on my FB account. That has nothing to do with the game, of course, but rather the users. Regardless, it annoyed me enough to cross it off my list. :D

i really need Candy Crush Saga on my phone right now !! :(

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    I had bejeweled on my WM6 device. I don't need the homoerotic knockoff.
    Thanked by:
    WPmunkey likes this.

Love candy crush. Play it on Facebook daily, hope it comes to WP8 soon...

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    I don't see how anyone could play Bejeweled without a stylus. My fat finger blocks my view of the screen and the stylus is so much quicker getting to all four corners of the screen. If I want to play I'll fire up my Treo 680 and play it the way God intended! :-)

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    This, like many threads, makes me realize that Windows Phone is getting popular with the less intelligent crowd.
    robergroso likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by z33dev33l View Post
    This, like many threads, makes me realize that Windows Phone is getting popular with the less intelligent crowd.
    That wasn't a very intelligent comment.

Well get it like evey other thing with windows phone.... Six months to a year after its no longer popular..... I am really getting sick of this mobile platform on the app respect.

im thinking the windows 8 platform is more interested in the bigger budget games. dont get me wrong, id love to have candy crush on my mobile. i have to play at night on the computer and im waaay behind my woman's current mark. ive tried bejeweled and it sucks by comparison. kindve like the difference of doom back in the day and halo now. but i think that they are looking more toward a future with full games, like the new dark knight, the new spiderman, likely the new man of steel, and also they are bringing the new halo only for windows 8 this month. i think theyll more concentrate the gaming medium on that platform than with rewriting sugar crush from the ground up.

just my thoughts on the issue

I have written the developer and they replied they are working on bringing Candy crush to more platforms. no information about a specific timeline for Windows phone
    Thanked by:
    Aneis likes this.

are you serious.. because i really need this game.. first time in my life i am dying far a game.. please tell them to hurry..

I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS WINDOWS PHONE, HAD THE GALAXY PHONE AND ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT BUT IT WAS TWO YEARS OLD AND VERIZON TOLD ME IT WAS TIME TO UPGRADE.... I AM SERIOUSLY THINKING OF HAVING THE VERIZON SWITCH ME BACK TO THE GALAXY PHONE!!!!! THE APPS SUCK......

No need to shout

I just have my new mobile Nokia lumia 800, but I cannot play candy crush also not via Facebook. What app do you use or how can I Play also on my mobile?
    Thanks upfront for your reply

Anne-wil
    Quote Originally Posted by brettley75 View Post
    If you've happened across this forum researching if you should buy ANY phone with WP8 (I have a Nokia 820), I would strongly urge you NOT TO. I have absolutely no problem with the phone or WP8 within themselves, but that's my point, after that, you're pretty much on your own. Think about it. So many companies and advertisements offer apps to support their products and services nowadays, and they usually end in saying something like, "available for iPhone or Android". WP8 never seems to get a mention! Not being able to play Candy Crush on your phone will be just the first of many disappointments...
    This "doom-and-gloom," statement is ridiculous. Since I got onto Windows Phone from Android, there has only been one app (Trillian) that I've been wanting, and I found a suitable replacement for it (IM+). I've got more games installed on my Lumia 920 than I ever did on my Droid Incredible. If I went back to Android, I'd find myself missing loads of things, like Xbox gaming, the general UI (especially in the case of the music player), free Office integration, and plenty of the indie games that I have played.

Honestly, if you're someone who considers Candy Crush (which is just Bejeweled, and another silly fad game of its ilk) a deal-breaker, then I don't get how you can ever enjoy yourself. All of these fickle people who want games that are popular for 3 months confuse me.
    Thanked by:
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    This "doom-and-gloom," statement is ridiculous. Since I got onto Windows Phone from Android, there has only been one app (Trillian) that I've been wanting, and I found a suitable replacement for it (IM+). I've got more games installed on my Lumia 920 than I ever did on my Droid Incredible. If I went back to Android, I'd find myself missing loads of things, like Xbox gaming, the general UI (especially in the case of the music player), free Office integration, and plenty of the indie games that I have played.

Honestly, if you're someone who considers Candy Crush (which is just Bejeweled, and another silly fad game of its ilk) a deal-breaker, then I don't get how you can ever enjoy yourself. All of these fickle people who want games that are popular for 3 months confuse me.
    To each his own, I guess.

I picked WP because of the UI, UX and its keyboard.
    Everything else is a cherry on top :)

Also, I'd rather have more complex games for Windows Phone.

XBL means nothing if we don't get console-caliber games!
    *Fingers crossed that Microsoft will finally drag Forza to Windows Phone*
    Apparently, there is not a single trace of Segoe UI on this forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast