02-25-2013, 09:53 PM #1
- 1 Posts
Good day Gentlemen,
I am a starting developer and would like to introduce my 2 games for you. Wondering if you could take a look and if you like then please leave a review but if you don't please let me know so I can improve my game in a future. I did them for Nokia challenge and had only one week to finish each game (with full-time job and school was hard). Please don't judge hard, all feedback would be appreciated. Here are links:
1) Catch It Catch It | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
2) Music Pong MusicPong | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
02-26-2013, 03:41 PM #4
- 454 Posts
Both games are cute. Too simple for my taste and the music feels like it does not fit.
Music pong controls are unresponsive and with that name I would think it would be like the bit trip series where the beat corresponds to each hit or it would use my music.
Other game is tough as my finger gets in the way, but I know children like that sort of game.
Otherwise I think a strong 3 for people looking for those types of games. Thanks for sharing.
- 02-26-2013, 04:39 PM #5
I haven't tried Music Pong yet, but my assessment of Catch It is the same: The game is overly simplistic for my tastes, and my hand is VERY MUCH in the way of the screen while playing. I'm not sure if a virtual joystick would help or hinder that (it could keep my hand away but probably lessen the precision), but it would likely suit kids just fine.
- 02-28-2013, 10:27 PM #6
Forgot to reply about the second game. I don't like the controls of it. Tapping to switch direction is just too tough to do on-the-fly, in my opinion. A vertical-only joystick or finger tracking would be much better for Music Pong, where there isn't the issue with Catch-It where your hand could get in the way.
- By kclub in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 01-30-2013, 12:11 AM
- By ghk in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 01-22-2013, 07:35 PM
- By impworks in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 01-07-2013, 05:43 AM
- By Heatnup in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 11-19-2012, 09:42 PM
- By tiny in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 3Last Post: 07-13-2011, 10:11 AM