Still a newbie to the game but I've started to learn quicker. I wonder if there's a fan made site that has a bunch of info to expand the game with, and if there isn't... There should be, the game is just that big enough for one.

I downloaded it today...but then Snes8X came out the same day, so I've been playing 'A Link to the Past' : ) Will check it out though.
    Thanked by:

It is amazing! I love it. Ssdly, iy still has issues with crashing on my 920, hopefully that will be adressed fast, because ohlawd its a fun game.

Premium: thanks for the heads up on snes8x! Didnt know it existed!
    Thanked by:
    Developer

oooh didn't see snes8x. Got to get me some of that :)

Yes im playing doom and destiny, again, crashing on my 920 but its a fun game. Seems to have pointless swearing in it though, which I found rather odd for what looks like a kids game
    Windows Phone/XNA Developer

Doom & Destiny is a fun game, incredibly well done, but it's far too unstable. Sometimes it's good for an hour, other times it crashes constantly.

I also suspect it's what led to some fairly dramatic battery drain. I haven't played them game since and I've been good.

The controls put me off at first, but I pushed through - just waiting for the update for the memory leak.
    Thanked by:

I love the controls personally :D
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Slai View Post
    I love the controls personally :D
    I agree. The right-hand controls take getting used to, but once you've gotten used to them they're great. My favorite aspect is how the controls recenter around wherever you place your thumbs. This is incredibly helpful.
    Thanked by:

The crashing is an issue with windows 8 and if I've I read correctly on d&d's fb page... They should have already submitted the update to fix the issues along with other features. I have the 900 so I've only had 1 crash since I've been playing. Nothings perfect but good enough for me to enjoy the experience.

I'm an adult and to me, cussing makes this game more funny. You can say it looks like a kids game but this type of RPG is based off of old school ones like final fantasy which had these type of graphics due to hardware limitations. I'm sure if the dev could've made the game look like Skyrim, they would have or someone else would have. But this is not a game made for kids which I appreciate.

I'm trying to find a site like a wiki or something which will have much more info on this game, like stats and all that. I can't find anything really tho. Found one site which is what I'm looking for but a lot of the information is missing. If anyone gets frivolous and wants to fill info out, I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it!!

http://gamewise.co/games/43972/Doom-Destiny

Anyone else still have crashes on their wp8 after the update?

I downloaded the update but I haven't had time to test it. Does anyone know what's been updated? Have they addressed the crashing?
    Developer

Looks like the crashes are fixed on the latest update, not had one for a while.
    Windows Phone/XNA Developer

They cant be, since i still get them.

I started playing it after it got spotlighted on WPCentral, has only crashed on me twice. I love the game, have 9+ hours on the game already :P

I played far too long after I got the update and didn't experience a single crash.

Why does mine keep crashing :'( ?

Glad to hear the crashing issue may have been fixed. Played it when I first downloaded and thought it was a great game but 6 crashes in the first hour put me off. Haven't loaded it since. May give it another try now.
    Writer

I'm trying to get the devs to let me copy edit the game's script. The many grammatical and spelling mistakes are a major drag for a grammar Nazi such as myself. I would also tone down the language if given the choice, but fixing mistakes is the first priority. Wish me luck at talking them into it, guys. :)
    Games Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: paul.acevedo@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo
    Order & Chaos Online: EastWind - Join the WPCentral Guild!

Please do release a version with fixed grammar, but without toning down the language? Since a word is harmless, and I like to stay true to the authors vision.

Global Posts
    7,917 Global Posts
    I have to say, I'm 15 hours in now, and for a phone game, I'm VERY impressed with the amount of content. I haven't actually beat the game yet, and I guess there's still a ton of post-game stuff available as well from what I've been reading.

I didn't even get it in time to get it for free, but seriously, for a dollar, this game is huge.

I have to admit though, I almost didn't buy it because of how immature it seemed during the demo (with the language and the horrible humor and everything). I have no problem with swearing or anything like that, but my first impression was just that it was so unprofessional that I almost deleted it with no second thought.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Acevedo View Post
    I'm trying to get the devs to let me copy edit the game's script. The many grammatical and spelling mistakes are a major drag for a grammar Nazi such as myself. I would also tone down the language if given the choice, but fixing mistakes is the first priority. Wish me luck at talking them into it, guys. :)
    Grammar is largely irrelevant when its pretty much all spoken word with little if any narrative. I think the language adds to the games charm, we don't want it to turn into Zelda.

I must admit to being terrible at it though, I am well and truly stuck on the fight against Santa, I can't see its possible to win that fight as you don't last more than two rounds and they just heal themselves once you do any significant damage.
    Thanked by:

I'm playing the game, and now have gotten to a part where I can not find the last orb,Blue. Been all around the castle, dungeon, and nothing, Where is the blue orb?

There is nothing as far as cheats, or fax, or even a walkthrough! So don't bother looking for it on wiki!