Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Quote Originally Posted by aggie99 View Post
    This is exactly what I do. Ive only had my L920 for a week now but I really love WP8. Obviously there are some things that need to be refined and the app ecosystem is still in need of a tremendous boost but as long as Microsoft stays behind the platform and gives it the attention that it needs then I'm certain that the holes in the platform will be filled over time. I don't think it will ever reach the level of market share that iOS and Android hold but if they can hover somewhere between 10-20% they should be able to stay in a comfortable 3rd position and attract some of the bigger developers. Until then I will carry around my iPod Touch 5 and keep my Note 2 handy for when I need it.
    amen brotha, well on a positive note, xbox live arcade games is coming to windows phone platform, so thats very positive news.
    aggie likes this.

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    pick up The Gunstringer. I have it on my surface and it's better than temple run.
    ImAdrian23 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crakeur View Post
    pick up The Gunstringer. I have it on my surface and it's better than temple run.
    I would if I could. However Microsoft ignored WP's Store once again, by not making The Gunstringer available.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAdrian23 View Post
    I would if I could. However Microsoft ignored WP's Store once again, by not making The Gunstringer available.
    Microsoft is doing all they can to create a incredible ecosystem for WP. If you think Windows Phone is the first one to go through this slow build up you're quite incorrect. I owned the second android ever released on AT&T the HTC Aria. When Android, like Windows Phone 8 is now, was just a growing operating system and just as Windows Phone will, Android gained the popular apps from iOS slowly, but surely and now look where Android is. All it takes is patience, and of course a bigger Marketshare. Remember that the Windows Phone's market share just reached a 2% market share. Android and iOS are way over at least 25% of the market.

Quote Originally Posted by ryker002 View Post
    Microsoft is doing all they can to create a incredible ecosystem for WP. If you think Windows Phone is the first one to go through this slow build up you're quite incorrect. I owned the second android ever released on AT&T the HTC Aria. When Android, like Windows Phone 8 is now, was just a growing operating system and just as Windows Phone will, Android gained the popular apps from iOS slowly, but surely and now look where Android is. All it takes is patience, and of course a bigger Marketshare. Remember that the Windows Phone's market share just reached a 2% market share. Android and iOS are way over at least 25% of the market.
    Ok... But then why Microsoft told us they'd bring really SOON these apps with WP8? (Temple Run/Shark Dash etc)

If you read the comments from that video I posted, you'll notice that more than 35% of the comments are WP users asking for Temple Run comming to US.
    ....and by popular demand...
    Instagram.
    rogyuu likes this.

Honestly, the game is not that great. I have the original Temple Run and I prefer that over this. I won't even mention the abomination known as "Temple Run: Brave", that was such a disaster.

I have both Temple Run and Temple Run 2 on my iPod Touch. Both are awesome! Temple Run 2 is much more challenging than the older version.

p/s: I love WP and I love apps/games on iOS. iPod Touch is the only solution at the moment until WP's ecosystem mature enough and gets attention from all the big developers
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sueha View Post
    Society makes a phone purchase dependent on silly games like that? Come on, it looks incredibly stupid. I am shocked that we are even discussing this.
    LOL that's one solution to the app gap. Just **** on all the ones which are not available.

Gunstringer is better though, wish it was on the phone more than Temple Run or its clone, I mean sequel (no, I definitely meant clone... fine, it's reskinning)
    ImAdrian23 likes this.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Get an ipod touch to play a couple of games? Are you serious lol. I own an 8x (a smartphone worth about Ł350) I'm going to expect it to be my driver for everything. I'm not fussed about temple run or anything like that but the ipod touch thing did make me laugh
    ImAdrian23 likes this.

My $0.02 - we spend more, our phones are better, we have unique tastes, we're not looking to be drones, we made the decision to support an ecosystem because it is fundamentally more intuitive and it 'just works - SO SHOW US SOME GAMING LOVE AND RELEASE THIS BAD BOY FOR WP8!!! Come on daddy Balmer - get these guys on board!
    ImAdrian23 and James8561 like this.

If the latest games are important to you, then you shouldn't be getting a Windows Phone, the ecosystem isn't mature or big enough yet to get priority from most developers. If getting the best phone, camera, OS are important then get WP and enjoy. I've shown my 920 to a lot of people and told them they should switch, but if they are massively into apps then they should wait til late Summer. I reckon that's when there will be enough growth that WP gets apps at the same time as the big 2, or not far behind. I imagine Nokia will have the thinner, lighter, better in some other ways sequel to the 920 out in September as well - for many people that will be the time to jump to WP.

But for me I'm loving my 920, many things I can see where they can make improvements, but coming from Android it's a pure pleasure to use and the odd missing app I can last without (or use my HP Touchpad I repurposed with Android).

Just a thought, maybe the thought is among developers of games is that people are going to expect them to be ported over and done as xbl games. While the achievements are nice, maybe if we start asking the devs to release them as indie/3rd party games it would help speed porting?
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,406 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Etyrnus View Post
    Just a thought, maybe the thought is among developers of games is that people are going to expect them to be ported over and done as xbl games. While the achievements are nice, maybe if we start asking the devs to release them as indie/3rd party games it would help speed porting?
    I want the Xbox live achievements. They're a big deal for me. Fortunately Xbox Music is still tying me to Windows Phone.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

So... what will I be using my 8X for? Making calls?
    That's what I use my lumia 920 for. Calls and rearranging tiles.
    Yellow Lumia 1020 (RM-875) Unlocked International

Honestly speaking everyone should like the top comment on the YouTube video. Having a few hundred will def get the devs attention. Having 1000+ and the dev would have to be dumb not to do something. Everyone from Microsoft keep telling us to contact the dev and this is a great opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by zeronoise View Post
    Honestly speaking everyone should like the top comment on the YouTube video. Having a few hundred will def get the devs attention. Having 1000+ and the dev would have to be dumb not to do something. Everyone from Microsoft keep telling us to contact the dev and this is a great opportunity.
    Go ahead and send them an email. They'll reply saying: Bla Bla Bla ... We strive to release our app on more markets ... bla bla bla...

GUYS THE TOP COMMENTS ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO ARE ABOUT BRINGING TEMPLE RUN TO WP... PEOPLE GO LIKE THE COMMENT SO WE CAN GET THE DEVS ATTENTION!
    david90531 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    I want the Xbox live achievements. They're a big deal for me. Fortunately Xbox Music is still tying me to Windows Phone.
    It is to me as well, but I'm thinking since we hear about what a mess that submission process is suggest this to help.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Please do! I'm jamieandroidfan! It's my account

Quote Originally Posted by sharpinator View Post
    Please do! I'm jamieandroidfan! It's my account

You've got tons of posts :P. I try to post as often as I can and answer questions, hopefully they will do something...

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts
    I was considering a Windows Phone for my next upgrade and still think it is the best OS but the lack of new quality titles is concerning with no definite time table when we will get them. This platform seems to be perpetually stuck in "Another 2 years mode". How difficult is it to leverage the Xbox brand and get developers to port their games over? Microsoft has tons of cash on hand, create a billion dollar pot and get the developers excited about the platform. Also app pricing needs to get in line with the competitors, apps are simply too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Slvrshot View Post
    I was considering a Windows Phone for my next upgrade and still think it is the best OS but the lack of new quality titles is concerning with no definite time table when we will get them. This platform seems to be perpetually stuck in "Another 2 years mode". How difficult is it to leverage the Xbox brand and get developers to port their games over? Microsoft has tons of cash on hand, create a billion dollar pot and get the developers excited about the platform. Also app pricing needs to get in line with the competitors, apps are simply too high.
    +9000. The prices are not that high (IMO), but some are. One thing I DISLIKE HATE* about our games is that they are barely getting updated.

+9000. The prices are not that high (IMO), but some are. One thing I DISLIKE HATE* about our games is that they are barely getting updated.
    The Xbox live games, yes, because they have to recertify the game.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast