Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By zombiegrrl86

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Basically, cut a long story short, I've got a replacement Nokia Lumia 800 due to an accident I had recently where I broke my elbow, but no matter.

To cut it even shorter, due to the utter incompetence of O2 UK, it's not currently connected to my old phone number (although it does have the wrong sim card in it), but anyway....

I've succesfully connected it to my home wifi and my Xbox Live account. I can even see acheivements I've earned in a game I bought between phones (Dead Island, in case you're interested - very good) However, so far there's no sign of the games I bought and paid for when I had the previous phone.

I know I only payed 3.99 for Sonic The Hedgehog 4 part 1 but surely I'm still entitled to have it on my new phone?

And what about my apps while I'm at it?

I really really love this phone and have been singing Microsoft's praises ever since I first got one, but since watching the mess that is Windows 8 and now this, I'm feeling really dissatisfied with them. Grrr.

Please someone help!!!

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Have you tried re-downloading the games yet?

I'm not sure it it's the same for WP7 but on WP8, if you have already purchased a game, clicking to "buy" the game from the store on your phone prompts the server you have already purchased the game and thus you can download it again for free.
    You can redownload the apps. In the marketplace if you buy the apps and have the same live account associated with it. Click buy and you should get a message saying you already bought the app.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Oh ok thanks. I didn't realise that. I didn't want to click 'buy' in case it charged me for them again....now I just need to remember all the games and apps I've purchased. Is it really too much to ask Microsoft to keep a list? I do have an Xbox Gold account, so they have had lots of money off me :)

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Floydian_Slip View Post
    Oh ok thanks. I didn't realise that. I didn't want to click 'buy' in case it charged me for them again....now I just need to remember all the games and apps I've purchased. Is it really too much to ask Microsoft to keep a list? I do have an Xbox Gold account, so they have had lots of money off me :)
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store go there, log in with your live account, go to purchase history, and bam, a list of apps that you've installed/purchased.
    Thanked by:
    UKCracker and ttsoldier like this.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    You are a star. Thank you xx Merry Xmas (if that's your thing - you never can tell these days!)

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    You are a star. Thank you xx Merry Xmas (if that's your thing - you never can tell these days!)
    you're welcome :) that site is quite handy, as I'm not getting app updates pushed to my phone, so I just log on, and go through the list to see if I'm missing anything. (and I'm pagan, so I celebrate yule, but thank you, merry Christmas and blessed yule!)

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Yeah I'm an atheist, but obviously I like playing games on Xbox, so there's plenty of time to have fun doing that at Xmas :)

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Yeah I'm an atheist, but obviously I like playing games on Xbox, so there's plenty of time to have fun doing that at Xmas :)
    I'm not a gamer, but I'm a music snob and some of a audiophile, lol, so I know what ya mean.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Yes I love my music too, and I can definitely say I regret getting this phone over a Sony, because, well duh?? Don't they make the best quality music systems? (well, until Bang & Oluffsen get into making phones, anyway :))