12-18-2012, 10:36 PM #2
- 232 Posts
For WP7 there was a poker game that had cross-platform play, and I know Wordament for WP8 you can play cross platform with Windows 8/RT devices, there is also a great game called Skulls of the Shogun which seems awesome and a sneak peak at Microsoft's cross-platform gaming future, it will release on Xbox and on Windows 8/RT, no work on Windows Phone version
The Xbox 360 and Surface Tablet Fight Each Other, Thanks to Skulls of the Shogun
12-19-2012, 01:00 AM #3
- 1,784 Posts
Skulls of the Shogun!
"Skulls Anywhere is an asynchronous multiplayer mode that let’s players take turns independently of each other (sending turns back and forth whenever they want), playing against players on all the launch platforms (XBLA, Windows Phone 7, & Windows 8)."
That would imply that it should also get WP8 functionality. I personally thought that Microsoft should have sold games on Xbox LIVE Arcade like Uno as cross-platform licenses myself. If I'm going to pay $10 for the game on my Xbox, you should at least let me play it on my phone as well.
12-19-2012, 01:27 AM #4
- 232 Posts
I think that's long term plan but hard since Xbox is on such a separate system on the backend and architecturally. I wouldn't be surprised if the next gen Xbox had some sort of buy once play anywhere features like playstation does with some psn games for the ps3 and the vita
- By Paul Acevedo in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 73Last Post: 03-26-2013, 04:44 AM
- By Paul Acevedo in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 17Last Post: 01-03-2012, 02:14 PM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 6Last Post: 12-25-2011, 05:00 AM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 11-14-2011, 04:49 AM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 8Last Post: 10-17-2011, 10:23 PM