Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Etyrnus
  • 1 Post By Zenite

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I'm typing this on my iPhone while looking through the market place on the 920 and I just dot see any must have games. I know it's a young platform and all and I'm fully on board with te platform but they really need to start pumping out some quality stuff. List your top 10 games . I can't even make a list of 5 because from what I've played and seen they aren't really that great. I'd love dead trigger or some a good rpg/platformer

Games I play:
    Duck Hunt
    Flow free (althou I already beat it :( )
    AE Jewels
    Angry Birds
    Mirror's edge
    Minesweeper.

I think I have more games on my lumia than I ever did on my iphone lol.
    Geo Defense
    Geo Defense Swarm
    Wordament
    Angry Birds
    Angry Birds Star Wars
    Hydro Thunder GO
    Mirror's Edge
    Word Feud
    Lets Golf 2'
    Monopoly

Also I use vNES Light Pro occasionally.

Flow Free is simple and addictive as ****. Plants vs. Zombies if you haven't yet played it, ilomilo, Wordament, Bejeweled Live, Angry Birds series, Assassin's Creed, Mirror's Edge, Cut the Rope, Spider Jack.

I'm partial to Xbox Live games because of my achievement addiction, but there's a lot to like out there regardless.

Breeze is a good labyrinth/accelerometer game. Wordament. All 3 Angry Birds. Sonic CD if you're needing a little retro platformer fix. Shuriken Ninja is a frustrating favorite
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com
    ImAdrian23 likes this.

Call of Carlos
    Birds Line
    Incredible Circus
    :)

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    In specific order.

OMG our maniac game
    Cut the rope
    Gun bros
    Wordament

I bought others but I dont play them. I bought pirates and played it for 3 mins.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Do your leader boards work? No matter what game I play the leader boards are all blank
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

shuffle party, mirror's edge, breeze - xbl games
    Age of sorcery - mmorts
    ae 3d motor - racing
    air hockey/hangman/line birds - light gaming
    dungeon of slyn - nethack like game
    lushington free - tower defence
    words with friends/ draw something
    and i got wpMUD too :)

that is for your friends list for 90% of the games so only friends that played the game will show up, there is a few games which will use the full leaderboards but it is rare

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Plants vs. Zombies
    Dodonpachi Maximum (one of the most challenging games I have ever played)
    Wordament
    Angry Birds
    Chickens Can't Fly

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    The market place is quite pathetic and games are never announced for wp8. Modern combat 4 trailer went live today and it looks awesome but its iPad, iPhone and android no wp8. The market place might have 130,000 apps but 80% of the apps look like a little kid made them. Its horrendous. I nee before I came over from IOS that the market place was going to be thin but I didn't think the apps available would be just flat out terrible. The games look worse than cheap flash based games. MS needs to start handing that money to devs . If they were smart they would just buy chillingo or a few decent mobile game devs and continue to make games for all platforms .

Start contacting the devolopers. Let them know there is interest.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Tile Path
    Super Voltage
    Ragdoll Run
    Morph It

Sudoku ain't bad either.

Wordament.
    Angry Birds Star Wars
    I've mostly played a few games, as I am trying to finish the achievements on many Xbox games before I move on to others. It's just a compeltionist fetish, I guess. However, I've found severl games (Xbox-enabled and not) that I like. They include:

Wordament
    Flowerz
    Minesweeper
    Trine's Hangman
    Logos Quiz
    Flow Free

Rainbow Rapture

There are probably 20+ others I have installed, but have simply not taken the time to try yet. Those would include (but are not limited to):

Breeze
    Bug Village
    BulletAsylum
    Gun Bros.
    Sudoku
    (played just a little, but it's Sudoku, same as always)
    AlphaJax
    Plants vs. Zombies (though I have and love this game on Steam)
    ORB Free
    Physi Bricks
    Pirate's Plunder
    Laser Link
    Dragon's Blade

So there are LOADS of games that are either good, or at least have interesting-enough concepts to try. I've only had my phone for a little under a month, so I'll likely add to this list as time goes on.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I figured there would start to be a stream of new apps and games available for wp8 but every time I look at what's new I see the same apps and games. It's only been out for 3-4 weeks but I would assume a bunch aweek.. Every Thursday ios releases hundreds of apps and games , what's wp8 schedule ? Is there gonna be a specific day when new stuff is added?
    I just find it odd that Facebook and twitter won't make apps for wp8. That shows a complete lack of interests and the apps we have are flat out terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    I figured there would start to be a stream of new apps and games available for wp8 but every time I look at what's new I see the same apps and games. It's only been out for 3-4 weeks but I would assume a bunch aweek.. Every Thursday ios releases hundreds of apps and games , what's wp8 schedule ? Is there gonna be a specific day when new stuff is added?
    I just find it odd that Facebook and twitter won't make apps for wp8. That shows a complete lack of interests and the apps we have are flat out terrible.
    Couldn't Agree more...i mean graphics aren't that big a deal but these games look and FEEL so cheap that I get turned off before I can give them a chance...i mean there are some rly good games..especially some of the ones listed but most feel worse than those found on IOS