Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Are there any SNES Emulator available for Window Phones yet? I switched from the iPhone and I miss playing some good old SNES Rpgs :)

There is (at least was, haven't checked to see if it's still there) an nes emulator called vneslight.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Welcome to WPCentral xwxspawnxwx, there have been a few attempts but of course as expected they were pulled for copyright reasons.

http://www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-s...7-nes-emulator

vNES it about all there is I think (As IAmVortigaunt mentions)

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/ap...c-2eda47745a27

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Thx for the welcome!

Yes I seen the NES one but I figure with this nice big screen (Samsung Focus S) playing some classic SNES games would be a fun experience.

As I said I came from the iPhone family (owned every single one since the release) so i'm a little spoiled with Application count and Jailbreaking Features. Had SNES/PSX emulators and I kinda miss them.

My biggest adjustment is the amount of applications and TYPES of applications available on windows platform. Overall I like the original features but is there any plans for becoming more standardized with ios or android as far as main applications or is there some kind of legal/development issues. (Pandora being an example).

My other questions would be is there any form of jailbreaking with the Windows Phone Platform as Microsoft is saying No to emulators? Or any news in development for it?

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I can tell you that a Sega emulator is coming to the marketplace very soon ;) here is a screenie View J5sPNB.png on ScreenSnapr
    I can't believe an SNES emulator is taking this long to come out... but I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by roffleswaffles View Post
    I can't believe an SNES emulator is taking this long to come out... but I'll wait.
    Any news on this?
    Im contemplating getting a 920 and would love to be able to play some old SNES/PSX games.
    What is microsofts opinion on this and is it likely there will be any jailbreaking of the WP8 to allow for such emulators?

Global Posts
    8,021 Global Posts
    You'll see a lot more of this sort of thing when native code runs (in WP8). Having to do it via XNA complicates things.

Snes8x is a good emulator.