Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I know wp7 is still fairly new, but im yet to even hear about a big rpg title heading to wp. Are Square Enix even a registered dev for example? 99% of games currently on the market are of the casual variety which is both fine and expected for a smartphone, but catering for the hardcore gamer is important IMO because lets face it, games are the highest grossing category on all smartphone platforms, and the fact that iphone supports these more hardcore type games is the ONLY reason why it is regarded as a legitimate portable gaming device (sites like IGN review iphone games for example). I know the typical rpg is a much bigger project than most casual games are (even a port) so i dont expect there to be a plethora of these titles already available, but just an announcement would be comforting wouldn't it? What do you think? am i asking for to much to soon?

Omnia 7 Lover, long live wp7 lol :-)
    Last edited by lockey1982; 03-13-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    Thanked by:

what is RPG ? and do they make xbox live gaimes ?
    maybee you should email then and ask if they have plans for Windows Phone...

Quote Originally Posted by gibbyhome View Post
    what is RPG ? and do they make xbox live gaimes ?
    maybee you should email then and ask if they have plans for Windows Phone...

RPG means role playing games, like final fantasy, xenonia, inotia, dungeon hunter etc etc :-)

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I would like some more rpgs for sure. The Harvest seems pretty fun so far.

Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    I would like some more rpgs for sure. The Harvest seems pretty fun so far.

The harvest was a great launch title, but its an action game at its core with just a few rpg elements thrown in. not nearly enough to satisfy the average rpg fan, of which there are many :-)

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I hear ya, thats why i still have my iPod Touch after getting the focus. All ill say is patience. All WP phones are virtually identical to the iPhone 4 and far superior to the 3GS and they have the huge advantage of Xbox Live which should be a great pull for developers.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Microsoft also has great relations with Game Developers as it is :P

Quote Originally Posted by johnpaul12 View Post
    Microsoft also has great relations with Game Developers as it is :P

I have to agree, however xbox live arcade isnt exactly known for great RPG's lol. i hope wp7 changes this

They need to pay Square to make a FF remake....for WP7.
    Zune and Gamertag -GreeneGiant007
    Writer

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Castlevania Puzzle is a great puzzle RPG, but I'm hoping for some traditional RPGs too. I agree that Microsoft should really make a deal with Square Enix to bring their iPhone games to Xbox Live.
    Games Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: paul.acevedo@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo
    Order & Chaos Online: EastWind - Join the WPCentral Guild!
    I would love to have Zenonia (iOS RPG grind game) ported to WP7, would be an epic title with achievements added, coupled with Live status.

Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: rich@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds

i Wish they would of added Torchlight it seems like it could be easy to give touch controls. Im enjoying it on 360 and would like to take my character on the go with me.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    I want to see Phantasy Star Online come to WP7. That'd be amazing. I'm sure WP7 can pull off Dreamcast style graphics, so if they tailored a PSO game to WP7 I'd love it. New levels though please!

Has SEGA released any games for WP7 yet? I'm surprised we haven't seen Super Monkey Ball or an arcade port.

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by GaMMa View Post
    I want to see Phantasy Star Online come to WP7. That'd be amazing. I'm sure WP7 can pull off Dreamcast style graphics, so if they tailored a PSO game to WP7 I'd love it. New levels though please!

Has SEGA released any games for WP7 yet? I'm surprised we haven't seen Super Monkey Ball or an arcade port.

nothing from sega yet, idont really understand why its taking so long for big developers to climb aboard wp7

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lockey1982 View Post
    nothing from sega yet, idont really understand why its taking so long for big developers to climb aboard wp7
    because for the most part in the eyes of these big companies WP7 still "sucks". At least that would make sense, once the user base gets a bit bigger you'll be seeing more and more "big companies" make games. That is only obvious though I'm sure mostly everybody here doesn't need an explanation like this to know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisraul924 View Post
    Mass Effect
    That would be described with only one word - epic!

Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: rich@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds

because for the most part in the eyes of these big companies WP7 still "sucks". At least that would make sense, once the user base gets a bit bigger you'll be seeing more and more "big companies" make games. That is only obvious though I'm sure mostly everybody here doesn't need an explanation like this to know that.
    Im aware that user base is an issue, on the other hand, there are many reports surfacing that suggest many wp7 apps are more profitable than there android version, and look at the size of androids user base. On top of this is the fact that the top titles are recieving huge exposure due to the general lack of quality games currently available. IMHO the present offers a window of opportunity before the marketplace becomes flooded. just my opinion though :)

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lockey1982 View Post
    Im aware that user base is an issue, on the other hand, there are many reports surfacing that suggest many wp7 apps are more profitable than there android version, and look at the size of androids user base. On top of this is the fact that the top titles are recieving huge exposure due to the general lack of quality games currently available. IMHO the present offers a window of opportunity before the marketplace becomes flooded. just my opinion though :)
    Well developers know that there is a lot of money on the table with Xbox Live. Development is coming, its just a matter of patience.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

I wasted so much time with PSO back in the Dreamcast days with friends. I don't know if I could bear to do the same if they brought it to WP7 with some new levels and features, but I know that's a lie. :D

Super Monkey Ball 2 was announced back in January, no ETA IIRC.
    Writer

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Mass Effect
    If we ever get Mass Effect on WP7, it'll be a port of the iPhone game - which is reportedly nothing special. I'm more hopeful that the Dead Space iPhone game gets ported, though the current anti-M rating stance means it's not possible (yet).
    Games Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: paul.acevedo@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo
    Order & Chaos Online: EastWind - Join the WPCentral Guild!

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eastx View Post
    If we ever get Mass Effect on WP7, it'll be a port of the iPhone game - which is reportedly nothing special. I'm more hopeful that the Dead Space iPhone game gets ported, though the current anti-M rating stance means it's not possible (yet).

Bioware could make something new and unique given the original title's exclusively to Xbox and the Xbox live integration. I would think. Who knows. I would like to see something unique but since we aren't Bioware we can't really say what's gonna happen.

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    I wasted so much time with PSO back in the Dreamcast days with friends. I don't know if I could bear to do the same if they brought it to WP7 with some new levels and features, but I know that's a lie. :D

Super Monkey Ball 2 was announced back in January, no ETA IIRC.
    Haha yea I wasted a ton of time on PSO. They'd have to change things up a little for me to go back. Although it'd be awesome having that game and being able to play anywhere on a handheld. Bring it Sega!

Was Monkey Ball 2 announced for WP7?

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    [VZW] HTC Trophy owner
    [Follow me: Xbox Live | Twitter]

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Haha yea I wasted a ton of time on PSO. They'd have to change things up a little for me to go back. Although it'd be awesome having that game and being able to play anywhere on a handheld. Bring it Sega!

Was Monkey Ball 2 announced for WP7?

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    I suppose it wasn't formally announced, however...

Upcoming Xbox LIVE titles for WP7 revealed | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Torchlight would seem like the current obvious choice for a WP7 port. Touch controls could be tuned into the engine without losing too much of your choices and I would pay upwards of $10 for the full game (or close to it)....as long as it runs on my HD7...heheh

I've always thought Diablo would be really great on WP7 as well.

All I know as of now is that The Harvest proved to me that WP7 is the OS of choice for current smartphone gaming....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast