Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Quote Originally Posted by eastx View Post
    iOS has Final Fantasy 1-3, Chaos Rings, several other games by SquareEnix, Phantasy Star II, Vay, Lunar, Doom RPG, Wolfenstein RPG... Come on, it has quite a decent number of RPGs.

This site tracks a lot of 'em:
    http://www.rpg-site.com/index.html
    Most of those are ports of existing titles, many of which have forced on screen controls. And several of them are fairly old and haven't exactly aged very well.

I think most people would prefer new and exciting titles built specifically for phone systems, such as Chaos Rings, than play the largely outdated Final Fantasy 1 yet again at Square's ridiculous price range.
    Writer

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mirage View Post
    Most of those are ports of existing titles, many of which have forced on screen controls. And several of them are fairly old and haven't exactly aged very well.

I think most people would prefer new and exciting titles built specifically for phone systems, such as Chaos Rings, than play the largely outdated Final Fantasy 1 yet again at Square's ridiculous price range.
    You make a habit of complaining about the classics, dontcha? Tsk, tsk.

But I do agree about the Final Fantasies; Final Fantasy 1 & 2 are boring. FF3 wouldn't even be that exciting if not for the new stuff they added to the DS and iPhone versions, and even then it'll never be in the same league as FFIV.

As the mobile market grows, we may see more professional RPGs developed. But DS and PSP games are orders of magnitude more profitable (you can charge $30-40 for them), so that's where the majority of portable RPGs will continue to be released.
    Games Editor - Windows Phone Central, Android Central, and iMore
    Email: paul.acevedo@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

:P Hahahaha, I was complaining about the old arcade games for different reasons!

Honestly I love the classics as much as anyone. Gaming for me began with the NES and ended with the Playstation 1.

I think my deal is I just tend to agree with the camp that believes developers should be creating unique experiences designed specifically for these platforms. You know they're just trying to make a quick buck when they port something easy to the system and lazily slap a digital d-pad on the surface. Especially when it's with titles like FF1-3 which, you and I both agree, simply haven't aged gracefully.

I think there are a number of classic titles that would work great on the platform... they just need to be rebuilt for it. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be playing Star Control 2, X-Com, Final Fantasy Tactics, or anything similar, but with redesigned control systems.

Regardless, at the end of the day it'd be nice to see some fresh content too. Classics can only take you so far.

I agree the money is a problem though. Square can offer FF3 on the iPad for the current asking price because they already made their money back on the DS version, and are now able to spend a small amount of cash on porting it in order to make even more money. But to have built that from the ground up and offered it for $16 day one on phones alone? Not feasible.

Still... here's hoping for the future :/

I wouldn't mind a Phantasy Star Online game. Phantasy Star Portable 2 would be nice. I like Lunar, Grandia, and the Shining Force series (old school tactical RPG from the Genisis and Saturn days, Final Fantasy Tactics is similar) rereleased on this platform would be great. There are alot of Saturn titles that would be good on this system, like Albert Odessy, Dragon Force would be good too. I think if the Saturn RPGs made it to WP7, it would be awsome gaming. Jet Set Radio would be nice. The Sega Saturn had alot of great games in Japan, and some made it out in the US (though a few were ported to the PS1). I think with Sega starting to rerelease games on the Xbox arcade, we might be able to get a petition going and see some awsome games.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I would love to have a Grandia game for my WP7. Something like Grandia 2, a good ( and I mean good ) Pokemon clone or a nice tactics games. RPG's used to be my favorite genre.
    Writer

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    A Grandia game on Xbox Live would be far more realistic. But oh, how I would love to play Grandia II on XBLA or WP7! That would be the gaming highlight of my year.
    Games Editor - Windows Phone Central, Android Central, and iMore
    Email: paul.acevedo@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Quote Originally Posted by RichEdmonds View Post
    Why not port (via emulator) Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun? Hands down the best RPG ever created :P
    Ha! I thought for sure I was the only person who ever owned that game :)

I would like to have the original Grandia. I have the Sega Saturn edition. I have part 2 on the Dreamcast, I wouldn't mind seeing Arc the Lad, Vay, Lunar 1, 2, and 3, and Popful Mail. I think the Shining Force series would be awsome also.

I wanna see Chronno Trigger in WP7 :)

Fun Fact - It's not an RPG unless you have a sword made of crystal and a dragon in it somewhere.
    Gamer.
    Lover.
    Insults about your mother.

A lot of things that happened [in the past] would have broken anybody else. I was able to survive. That's all that really matters.

Maybe bioware, can port Neverwinter Nights over to WP7. I like that series.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    i dont get how somany RPGs where available on WM , but none of dose DEVs have ported over to WP7 yet :(

Still Waiting on zenoNia ( witch was a winer of the what game u want to see ported to wp7 ) ... COME ON GAVEIL!!!
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Rpg for WP7...someone already mentioned porting some Sega Saturn ones (i.e. Shining Force, Grandia, Albert Odyssey, and the hard to find Panzer Dragoon Saga) and it would be awesome to have those to play. Maybe through in some Dreamcast ones like Grandia 2 and Skies of Arcadia. Capcom needs to get back into the Breath of Fire series. Another good one would be Wild Arms though i can't remember who made those. I'd by all of em.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth View Post
    Rpg for WP7...someone already mentioned porting some Sega Saturn ones (i.e. Shining Force, Grandia, Albert Odyssey, and the hard to find Panzer Dragoon Saga) and it would be awesome to have those to play. Maybe through in some Dreamcast ones like Grandia 2 and Skies of Arcadia. Capcom needs to get back into the Breath of Fire series. Another good one would be Wild Arms though i can't remember who made those. I'd by all of em.
    well befor they start porting over Consol games id like to atlease see cell phones game ported from Ios , android ...... much easyer to do , and less tiem consuming.

im not sure why DEV dont port as much to WP7 , they can up the price of the apps ( cause well all know its mroe expensive on wp) and in return make mroe cash for less sells.

making apps for wp7 is a win win...
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

I love all the games mentioned and would glady see them on the wp7 but more or less if those were to be remade or ported your almost guranteed console ports to xbla or psn, if your looking for rpgs as it was mentioned many times look to ios and android phone games as they have almost a 1000x better chance of making it to the wp7 as its easier to do as touch controls are added and its same type of market,

oh and we do have the xbox live indie rpg doom & destiny coming to xbox live on the wp7 in the next "couple of months" which from the video looks good expect the dialogue looks like it was written by a 8 year old

Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth View Post
    I definatly want to see Grandia (one of my favorite games) and Albert Odyssey. If they do Shining force III (the only one on the saturn if I remember right) I would like all 4 discs on there. There were 3 campaigns that were from different aspects of the battles, and a 4th premium disc that brought them all togeather if you bought all 3 games and sent the UCP lables in.

I really like Wild Arms, and Wild Arms 1 would be great on WP7, but those games are produced by Sony if I remember. I have some of them, but I don't think they will be ported by Sony to the WP7 platforms.

I think the Dragon Force games would also be great on WP7.

Sorry for bumping a really old thread, but I just couldn't resist.

I would love to have some RPG in the style of Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age for WP. And actually, I'm currently shaping some ideas of it, my biggest issue right now is to start coding, but I would love to find some kind of RPG engine that runs smooth on WP and XB since I'm thinking about releasing it for both WP and XB :) Anyone with some ideas of a good engine?

There's an RPG that was recently released called Doom & Destiny. It's very familiar to anyone who's played old school JRPGs like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger. Other than occasional crashes it's actually quite a bit of fun to play.

And they've got, hands down, one of the best touch screen control pad implementations I've ever seen on any device. The controls recenter themselves every time you place your thumb on the screen. There's only one game I've played on the iPad that does something similar; I'm not sure why more people haven't done this.

Anyway, it's a fun game and it's free.
    Thanked by:

yoyr right marketplace must put rpg: zenonias.
    android and apple game is the best and on marketplace is bad :(
    put rpg s: "all ZENONiA episodes".
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123