- 10-05-2013, 01:44 PM #1
In your honest opinion, what apps are your fav for messaging AND VoIP. Viber, skype, wechat, etc.
Viber over here is by far the most popular but i think the windows phone app is extremely poor. Slow to open, crashes a lot and sometimes the call quality is atrocious.
I like the look of wechat but nobody is on it here.
Been going back to skype recently, call quality is great but its poor for messaging.
What do you guys use / like?
- 10-07-2013, 09:51 AM #4
I seen an artical on this site recently about changes to the messaging part of the service.
This is the main reason I start away from skype. Messaging is pretty poor and options are extremely limited. I can't even send a file on the windows phone version.
I'd love to see it completely intergrated with the text messaging and fb chat on the phone. Why haven't they done this? Would have been a big answer to bbm.
The hardest thing is to get people using it. Unfortunately everyone here is stuck on viber, which don't get me wrong is a good service but the app for wp is less than satisfactory
- 10-14-2013, 10:34 PM #8
I like WhatsApp but I run into alot of issues with messages not pushing. Sometimes it takes hours. Way too often. I like Kik, and it seems to work better as far as pushing messages, but I don't get any icon notifications so if I miss my toast I have no idea I got a message unless I open the app randomly.
I wish there were better options. If only we were getting BBM too...
- By TallAssRob in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 9Last Post: Yesterday, 02:00 PM
- By Dustin Hodges in forum Developers CornerReplies: 3Last Post: 10-15-2013, 06:00 AM
- By manchanp in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 11Last Post: 10-15-2013, 03:56 AM
- By slink00 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-05-2013, 07:06 PM
- By nm7s9 in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 3Last Post: 10-05-2013, 01:04 PM