View Poll Results: Who is planning to use speech - free trial or the full version - when it launches?
- 38. You may not vote on this poll
Planning to use the free trial
Planning to pay for the full version of speech
Not planning to use speech
- 09-18-2013, 02:21 PM #1
The only Windows Phone virtual assistant with full OS integration.
Version 1.2 Has been submitted to the store (Not available for download yet). Included with this update is Accent Color Support, a more "Metro" look, and bug fixes for the battery command.
Download the app at: Speech | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
TellMe on WP8 is extremely lacking. We all know that. iPhone friends on Siri laugh at us in horror when it comes to voice assistants. Android users the same. Due to this problem becoming even more prevalent as voice assistants become even more advanced, I've decided to create an app that links into TellMe and adds key commands missing from WP8.
FEATURES + COMMANDS
This section does not include commands included in TellMe. It only features commands added to TellMe using this app.
- Send Email
- What Can I Say
- Search 10 websites
- Map Search
- Store Search
- Set Reminders (1.2 Only)
FULL VERSION ONLY
- Battery Life
- Share Status
- Shuffle/Pause/Play/Previous/Next Music
- Weather info.
- Create to-do or notes
- More searching options (Search ANY website in the world!)
- Calculator (A concept of this has been built, may make it into 1.3 or 1.4)
- Search sites such as Wolfram Alpha
- Easter Eggs such as siri's joke commands (Very low priority)
HOW IT WORKS
Simply download the app and launch it to install the list of commands into TellMe. You can now close the app. Then, just launch TellMe and say any of the added commands to TellMe. It supports natural speech recognition and listens for one keyword. For example, you could say "Phone, send an Email to Stephen with the subject hi and body how are you doing", and it will pick out the keyword "Email" and know what you are talking about. When using any command, put "Phone" in the front of it. For example, you would say "Phone, share status" instead of "share status". This is a technical limitation of Windows Phone.
I'm planning many updates adding the commands listed under "Coming soon". I will update with bugfixes if the bugs are reported. There will be no public beta here on WPCentral.
1.2 Update (Submitted to the store, available 10/15/2013
- Accent Color Support
- Reminders Support
- Unified notification center for any notifications reguarding speech
- Bug Fixes and Usability Improvements
- New homescreen
1.3 Update (In Development) [X's = DONE FEATURES]
- [X] Proper Playlist Logic
- [X] Previous/Next Song controls fixed
- [X] Proper scaling and accent color rendering
- Timer Support
- [X] Now supports all forms/localized versions of the English language
- [Possible] Name Changer
- [X] Open command list from the app's homescreen
- [Possible] Calculator
- [X] Better Animations
- [X] Flatter homescreen UI
- [X] Proper orientation of speech bubbles
- [X] Notification Type now shown in notification center
- Minor bugfixes
SCREENSHOTS (SCREENSHOTS ARE OF 1.2.0)
Last edited by IN5TIGATOR; 10-18-2013 at 07:55 PM.INSTIGATOR is my Xbox gamer tag. I don't instigate people here.
- 09-18-2013, 02:25 PM #2
Sounds nice! Unfortunately I won't be able to use it because I'm on wp7, but I know that it's impossible for you to make this app for 7, so I'm not blaming you
09-18-2013, 02:46 PM #4
- 96 Posts
I'd be willing to pay, but I'd like to see how this compares to Maluuba. I love Maluuba. You'd have to make me want to steer from them. Unfortunately, Maluuba can't launch automatically by long-pressing the Windows key; however, it can tell me when tv shows come on, play music, make reminders, tell me what's on my calendar, etc. I used Maluuba when I was on Android and I loved it. Even better than Google Now.
So yeah...you'd have to make it somehow better than Maluuba before I'd pay and jump ship. Maluuba is free for everything.
- 09-18-2013, 02:55 PM #5
Everything you have said about what Malluuba can do (Such as play music or reminders) is already supported or planned. I am not, however, planning to add the capability to tell when a TV show comes on. Music playing is already supported. I'd advise you to wait for the 1.1 update adding reminders/calendar support before you look into jumping ship.INSTIGATOR is my Xbox gamer tag. I don't instigate people here.
- 09-19-2013, 02:58 PM #19
This is really cool, especially since you can use it just by launching TellMe! I'm gonna be really nitpicky though and say that the app icon (I see it in one of the screen shots) doesn't look the best :p
Great job, looking forward to this app.
09-19-2013, 03:00 PM #20
- 931 Posts
- By Jump Jet in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 20Last Post: 09-20-2013, 02:20 PM
- By Blacklac in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 09-18-2013, 06:32 PM
- By mvpspl619 in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 2Last Post: 09-18-2013, 01:21 PM
- By xyz_1232005 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 4Last Post: 09-18-2013, 09:50 AM
- By zultar in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: 09-17-2013, 10:48 PM