Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I deleted the Office app from my Lumia 1020 when I first got my phone and I just noticed its back on my phone don't know how it got back on it but I had did a few updates for different phone apps then I noticed it was back and I can't delete it now I have no use for it so I would like to delete it again

It is part of system app's you cannot delete, you can only pin and unpin it on startscreen.
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester
    Thanked by:

Wait. What?

You deleted Office? Why? Why buy a windows phone that comes with office as a perk of the OS just to delete it?

It can't actually be removed as its part of the OS. Looks like you're stuck with it.
    Thanked by:

There is no additional charge for Office on WP8, is there (like a licensing fee or renewal)? I don't think there is, but not sure and this looks like a good thread to ask in.

Two schools of thought
    1. Its included in the price of your phone and contract
    2. MS made it part of the OS as a perk to own WP.

Either way you wont actually ever make a payment or renewal for office on your phone

Schweet.

Although I have to say, the way I use Office doesn't work on my phone (I use too many advanced features that aren't supported). But I do intend to play with it a little and see what I can use it for on the phone. It would be nice if the full PC version would have a Save for Phone option that would strip out complex formatting and other features that aren't supported in the phone version.

Quote Originally Posted by Doohickie View Post
    Schweet.

Although I have to say, the way I use Office doesn't work on my phone (I use too many advanced features that aren't supported). But I do intend to play with it a little and see what I can use it for on the phone. It would be nice if the full PC version would have a Save for Phone option that would strip out complex formatting and other features that aren't supported in the phone version.
    Ive found it quite useful - I made a custom budget spreadsheet in excel which is great to update whenever I make a purchase or have to pay a bill on the move so no complicated formulas. Found it useful for reviewing powerpoint presentations before meetings and word is great for quick edits on documents - I found that taking it for what it is and not expecting too much from it has made me use it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Corepc View Post
    It is part of system app's you cannot delete, you can only pin and unpin it on startscreen.
    Oh guess I only removed it from start screen when I got my phone I was almost sure I had deleted it guess I'll see if I can find a reason to use it
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminole War View Post
    Oh guess I only removed it from start screen when I got my phone I was almost sure I had deleted it guess I'll see if I can find a reason to use it
    its nice when you have to view a .doc or .ppt, although that really depends. I'm a student so I have to do that stuff all the time, but the next guy, maybe not so much

its just one of those nice-to-haves