Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
Like Tree7Likes
  1. RushilPa's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
       #1  
    The title basically says it all, I remember WPCentral had an article about the Official Snapchat client for which Nokia and Snapchat were working together on. The article said it would be released about mid-July etc..We all know that didn't happen. So if anyone has any idea, as to when the official application is going to be released. Please feel free to comment on this thread :)
    Thanked by:
  2. DBDev's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,390 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,395 Global Posts
    #2  
    I havent heard something that I remember...
  3. RushilPa's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DBDev View Post
    I havent heard something that I remember...
    guess we'll just have to wait and see..
  4. waym1962's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    112 Posts
    #4  
    I was thinking about this recently too. I hope it's released soon.
    Thanked by:
  5. joshwithachance's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    #5  
    No Snapchat is definitely holding me back from purchasing a 1020. I know that's lame, but it's the only daily app that I currently use that doesn't have a Windows Phone version. There are unofficial Instagram and Vine apps, as well as official Twitter and Tumblr apps. All that's missing (for me) is Snapchat. I hope we hear something soon.
    juststart likes this.
  6. Lumia 8x's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    No Snapchat is definitely holding me back from purchasing a 1020. I know that's lame, but it's the only daily app that I currently use that doesn't have a Windows Phone version. There are unofficial Instagram and Vine apps, as well as official Twitter and Tumblr apps. All that's missing (for me) is Snapchat. I hope we hear something soon.
    Im sorry that's just a lousy excuse for not buying 1020.
  7. joshwithachance's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumia 8x View Post
    Im sorry that's just a lousy excuse for not buying 1020.
    It's more the fact that Snapchat, a major app that was released 2 years ago, still isn't on Windows Phone. Thankfully Rudy made a class Instagram & Vine app or the social networking app situation would be even worse. I'm still most likely going to be picking up a 1020 anyway. Windows Phone as a whole is more appealing to me right now than Android and iOS.
  8. Dylan O Brien's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    97 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumia 8x View Post
    Im sorry that's just a lousy excuse for not buying 1020.
    I apologize if I sound rude, but who are you to say what's a good or bad excuse to get a phone? If it's an app that's important to him then that's all that matters!
    RushilPa likes this.
  9. xandros9's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,450 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,362 Global Posts
    #9  
    +1

    It isn't going to stop me, but its still something I want
  10. PLenjoy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    34 Posts
    #10  
    Looks like WP Central believed it would come mid to late July. Anyone knows what happened?
  11. Doffen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    41 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by PLenjoy View Post
    Looks like WP Central believed it would come mid to late July. Anyone knows what happened?
    More like what didn't happen.
  12. troylytle's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    622 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    It's more the fact that Snapchat, a major app that was released 2 years ago, still isn't on Windows Phone. Thankfully Rudy made a class Instagram & Vine app or the social networking app situation would be even worse. I'm still most likely going to be picking up a 1020 anyway. Windows Phone as a whole is more appealing to me right now than Android and iOS.
    there are a couple snapchat apps.
  13. Ordeith's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    182 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by troylytle View Post
    there are a couple snapchat apps.
    name one.
    troylytle likes this.
  14. Dk92's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    83 Posts
    #14  
    The only good one was taken down by request. Yet, the ones who requested it, never made an official app for the platform. Anything to keep windows phone down..
  15. #15  
    have you tried contacting snapchat directly?
  16. xandros9's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,450 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,362 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jongthechemist View Post
    have you tried contacting snapchat directly?
    "Thank you for contacting Snapchat.
    We understand your complaint and sympathize with you."


    Now this will go one of two ways:

    "We are working with (someone, Nokia and/or MS) to create an app for Windows Phone. Sign up here to be notified."

    OR

    "We have no plans to support Windows Phone at this time, we apologize for the inconvienience."

    OR, worst case scenario

    "We apologize, we have exclusivity agreements, check here for supported operating systems."

    "Sincerely,
    the Snapchat team"
  17. troylytle's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    622 Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordeith View Post
    name one.
    didn't know they were all pulled. Anyone know how long it has been since they were downloadable?
  18. Lumia 8x's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan O Brien View Post
    I apologize if I sound rude, but who are you to say what's a good or bad excuse to get a phone? If it's an app that's important to him then that's all that matters!
    I only said it because the guy said that not having one app is holding him from buying the revolutionary phone and also likes the os. Since he has his current phone that can do snapchat I figured he can use that phone just for snapchat and get the 1020.
  19. Paulo1300's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    91 Posts
    #19  
    i still have swapchat on my phone thankfully.. but i really hope snapchat gets an app out soon.
    i have had quite a few people ask me if windows phone has snap chat, and when i say no, they lose interest
  20. WOAHesco's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #20  
    They've already got an app for Samsung's smartwatch...Snapchat shrinks down with app for Samsung's Galaxy Gear smartwatch | The Verge

    I wonder if this was the hold up.
  21. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,674 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,675 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by WOAHesco View Post
    They've already got an app for Samsung's smartwatch...Snapchat shrinks down with app for Samsung's Galaxy Gear smartwatch | The Verge

    I wonder if this was the hold up.
    Probably, Sammy probably paid for them to get it done quickly so they have some appeal to the kids these days. I'm lucky enough to be holding on to Swapchat still.
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

    Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
  22. david90531's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    862 Posts
    #22  
    I'm glad I got swapchat while it was still there. I need to be careful to not lose it... It's a pretty great app, too bad it was pulled
  23. joshwithachance's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    #23  
    So sad that Snapchat hasn't said anything about the release :(
  24. PLenjoy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    34 Posts
    #24  
    Let's hope the app will come at the next event. Dreaming is not a crime…
  25. RushilPa's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
       #25  
    Lets go to their headquarters and protest.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Working towards WP8/W8 development need some advice
    By MercenaryOne in forum Developers Corner
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-22-2013, 06:40 PM
  2. Network issue in WP8.Please Help.
    By junjunoori in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-22-2013, 07:25 AM
  3. [Free Game] CastleMine Deluxe - WP8
    By Stiv in forum Developer Spotlight
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-22-2013, 04:20 AM

Posting Permissions

B