Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

I know wpcentral guys will basically tell me to **** off and buy the app, but can you guys at least not show ads of semi nude girls, i cant even check wpcentral with people around.

Would never have updated if i knew this was the case.

http://i.imgur.com/dOHETIL.jpg

I know i have no say in this matter, but just wanted to get this off my chest as wpcentral USED to be the best app i had ever downloaded.

Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    If you don't want anything semi-nude, then why get anything "off your chest?"
    rs.jpg

All jokes aside, your argument is valid, and would probably be taken seriously if you contact the wpc team directly. Especially if it's a religious reason.
    ~Sal

Global Posts
    7,951 Global Posts
    My understanding is that the developer has no control over the advertising content, so it's not really their fault.

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    those **** you off? sounds like you need to get a gf. Looks like WPC has the right advertising to me!

Global Posts
    3,616 Global Posts
    OP, Jay's premium app for only .99 ensure that you NEVER see any semi nude gals. So...

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts
    Can I get a refund so I can see the ads? :)
    Sign the petition to bring more Windows Phones to Verizon Wireless. We need better choices!
    http://petitionbureau.org/wp7onvzw
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bashbaliga View Post
    I know wpcentral guys will basically tell me to **** off and buy the app, but can you guys at least not show ads of semi nude girls, i cant even check wpcentral with people around.

I know i have no say in this matter, but just wanted to get this off my chest as wpcentral USED to be the best app i had ever downloaded.
    They use ad choice so it means the cookies in the computer suggest you enjoy half naked ladies :)

^awesome.

Why do I get sesame street then? :'(
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,616 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bitwise View Post
    Why do I get sesame street then? :'(
    Because it is all part of a master plan to weed out all the cheapies and force them to spend money and support the devs by bombarding them with t***y bar type ads...
    Resident Developer

Bashbaliga, the adverts are provided from the Nokia ad exchange, and I was not aware that these adverts were being sent. As mentioned I don't have direct control but if you could provide me with your region I'll try and work out which network is providing these ads and see if I can have them blocked.

Again, as mentioned previously, if you'd got in touch with me about this I would have been happy to do what I can
    Thanked by:
    aximtreo, a5cent, DaveGx and 2 others like this.
    Resident Developer

Just as a follow up by the way, the ads that are served are completely generic because I chose not to include any personal information about users. It is possible to include age and gender but we don't gather that information from you.

Another option would be to use geolocation and send that information to the ad networks. In return the revenue is higher and it might also stop these ads from coming through to regions which would find them more offensive, but I felt that it wasn't necessary to send this kind of information about my users when all I'm trying to do is set up a revenue stream from users who chose to use the free version of the app.

Side note: the last provider, AdDuplex, doesn't make money for apps that use it, just exposure through advertising apps.

Regardless, please provide me your region at the earliest convenience so that I can report this to Nokia ad Exchange and try to do something about it.
    a5cent and MSFTisMIA like this.

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    those **** you off? sounds like you need to get a gf. Looks like WPC has the right advertising to me!
    What if the thread starter is a woman dude? don't be such a bozo.

Global Posts
    3,616 Global Posts
    This is why many in the forum here appreciate your work Jay: you are always on point with the support.
    aximtreo likes this.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I want to complain !!! I also am getting Sesame Street!! How do I get on the list to get half naked girls????

Edit: I see this is completely random, I guess I will have to get off my *** and buy the app (honest it was on my todo list). Half naked ladies is one thing but I can not allow the Sesame Street thing to continue.

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
    What if the thread starter is a woman dude? don't be such a bozo.
    either way, still needs to get a gf, then it will make us all happy lol

Quote Originally Posted by bashbaliga View Post

What if the ads displayed relate on content, you recently consumed on your phone :D
    JerseySal and MSFTisMIA like this.

Global Posts
    3,616 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by derDaniel View Post
    What if the ads displayed relate on content, you recently consumed on your phone :D
    Note to self, when I want to see ads of Farrah abraham on the WPC app, go read an article that has her name in it. Gotcha.

Yes very disgusted! All vulgar **** keeps Coming. -.-

Jay, I'm willing to step up and buy the app as a gift for bashbaliga.
    Resident Developer

OK. This is frustrating to me now guys.

To those who want to complain and say "Yes I'm very disgusted", I repeat:

There is nothing I can do unless you specify your region. I need to pass this complain on to the guys at Nokia Advertising Exchange and I simply cannot go to them with "some of my users are seeing half naked women".

If this is disgusting you, then for goodness sake get in touch with me about it so I can HELP. Otherwise I will be forced to believe that you're complaining simply because it seems like something you can complain about.
    Thanked by:
    MSFTisMIA and Joseph Kazan like this.

I hope you don't ever go to beach... some people have told me its evil place! with a lot of girls and boys almost nude! *covers eyes*
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    If you're not offended or disgusted enough to pay $1, then you are neither.

For just a DOLLAR, 99 cents... you can be rid of the ads that rob you of your innocence! You can save your virgin eyes from the evil of the world!

In all seriousness, I didn't think twice to pay for the app way back when it first came out. People pay hundreds of dollars for a phone, and on their monthly plan over time... and they're like OMGADOLLARWHYARETHEYRIPPINGMEOFF for an app they use daily. Pay for the app, get rid of the ad, support WPC and skip the Starbucks or Dunkin coffee tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast