Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi folks,

I haven't found a true answer to this problem, so here I am.
    I never get any notification nor livetile updates from the facebook app. Actually I've got one or two since weeks and months of usage, so one can simply say it's not very accurate. Same story with the beta version. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, turning the phone off and on in between... Nothing!

Seriously, what should I do to make it work?

Cheers,
    Adam.

Do you have it disabled in Background Tasks settings?
    James
    Nokia Lumia 928

No, actually I couldn't even if I wanted to, it appears only on the Advanced List

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Ugghhhh...that is because the background task for FB ONLY is related to lockscreen images, NOT push notifications, which are exactly that. PUSH NOTIFICATIONS. Background tasks ARE NOT the same as push notifications.

Unless you use the FB app lockscreen images, you CANNOT enable the FB background task.

Don't believe me? Enable the FB lockscreen image and read the background task description.

No, you're kidding! What a disapointment

Are you using MS FB Beta or the original? So far, the BETA is giving me pretty much all the notification.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Hel View Post
    Hi folks,

I haven't found a true answer to this problem, so here I am.
    I never get any notification nor livetile updates from the facebook app. Actually I've got one or two since weeks and months of usage, so one can simply say it's not very accurate. Same story with the beta version. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, turning the phone off and on in between... Nothing!

Seriously, what should I do to make it work?

Cheers,
    Adam.

I use beta. Did you have to set the lockscreen?

The notifications never worked for me either, (I have tried the official app and the beta). The only Facebook app that ever gave me notifications is this one: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...8-e34e8ebbf4b6

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Hel View Post
    I use beta. Did you have to set the lockscreen?
    Yes, I have it set for my lock screen. And I get toast notification all the time unlike the previous MS Original. So far I am happy with the beta. Can't complain.

Okay so I've created a private album on FB with my wallpaper and use the custom option in the app to select this only album. So actually, everything is as it was before. Let's see now if the notifications do work indeed!

I just wish the notification would update more frequently rather than every 30 minutes.

wp_ss_20130524_0001.jpg

Okay so I've created a private album on FB with my wallpaper and use the custom option in the app to select this only album. So actually, everything is as it was before. Let's see now if the notifications do work indeed!

What about toast notification and livetile? is it that slow as well?

What about toast notification and livetile? is it that slow as well?
    Yeah its slow and I do get updates on Live tile.

Heck, nothing work at all!

I'm really disappointed, I receive a lot of messages and constantly have to launch the app myself... damn it
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

I'm really disappointed, I receive a lot of messages and constantly have to launch the app myself... damn it
    Use ICQ if you want have a fast and functional fb messenger

Actually I use the native one but it works only for online people, if they're offline I don't their message. Is it like this with ICQ as well?

Actually I use the native one but it works only for online people, if they're offline I don't their message. Is it like this with ICQ as well?
    I have tried IM+, it's great for FB chat and messages from offline people work too as far as I remember!

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I just tried it and it works. IM+ would be another alternative as well with very stable interface, but i prefer ICQ bcs it loads new chats very fast

So I've tried ICQ but same problem :/
    I can send messages to someone who's offline, but if they send me something it doesn't appear, I have to check manually on the fb app or something.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    So I've tried ICQ but same problem :/
    I can send messages to someone who's offline, but if they send me something it doesn't appear, I have to check manually on the fb app or something.
    Do you close the icq? It works well for me if i minimise the app (pressing start button). Also check your icq notification on its setting

I'm using the Facebook app and when someone makes a comment on a photo or status update I get the toast.
    James
    Nokia Lumia 928

Are you trying to chat with facebook friends? Or just Alert from Facebook posts?

Alerts from posts and messages as well (for those offlines one I don't receive thru the native messaging hub) but I don't get neither one. I played with authorizations on fb, on my windows love account, nothing.

Concerning icq, it works very well, as well as the native messaging hub, but also only for online people.

To all of you who get the notifications, do you use fb chat? It seems like you can't both use the native chat and get notifications.

That would explain why I don't get any, I'm connected in the message hub all the time.

I toggle between text and fb chat view message hub.

To all of you who get the notifications, do you use fb chat? It seems like you can't both use the native chat and get notifications.

That would explain why I don't get any, I'm connected in the message hub all the time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast