Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

The world of YouTube, designed for Windows Phone 8

Windows Phone blog just posted this: new full youtube app for WP8

link says it all, coming soon!

What the heck is going on? Google is developing real apps for WP8? Is hell freezing over right now!?
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maks327 View Post
    What the heck is going on? Google is developing real apps for WP8? Is hell freezing over right now!?
    That would explain the unusually cool weather for this time of year.
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

rkeenan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    time to party like it's 1999! Just take off all your cloths!

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    you know i saw this last night on http://windowsphone.com home page but didnt realy paid attention til now
    First I played with a green robot, then I ate a shiny apple, now I'm going to lay tiles

Quote Originally Posted by maks327 View Post
    AFAIK, this app is developed by Microsoft.

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Hey Thanks alot.
    Amazing App allows you to even download you tube videos, can be now compared with Metro Tube.
    Player is much better than the Native Video Player.

Quote Originally Posted by androidtoWM View Post
    Yep, you're right, false alarm on my part. About screen says (C) Microsoft

I can't even download as it's not in the UK store yet!

My neighborhood was evacuated last week because of a huge brushfire. It's still smokey smelling here. Maybe it takes a while for Hell freezing over to propagate to this area.

Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Hey maybe Google+ is next afterall.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by androidtoWM View Post
    Yeah, but Microsoft needed Google's approval for this. That's why the old YouTube app was only a link to the browser or whatever it was.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I love it, but links do not open to the app. I sent feedback, but the app is great and I pinned a playlist to the start screen. Love that.

I love how you can have a video playing...lock the screen...and still have it playing in the background. Thats cool to me. Super stoked about this new app. I am a very happy Windows phone fan this month. New amazing facebook, new flawless Hulu Plus, New YouTube, whats next!?
    Phone: Lumia 920
    Network: AT&T

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,769 Global Posts
    WTF, finally showed up for me to download, BUT it doesn't allow you to upload videos It's not truely a "Full" version of a Youtube app if it doesn't support uploading videos from your phone. Come on MS, I thought you were better than that???
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

POCKETABLEtech likes this.

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I bet uploads will come in blue or other os updates, as videos are seemingly locked down. No upload in facebook either.
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanfvr View Post
    I bet uploads will come in blue or other os updates, as videos are seemingly locked down. No upload in facebook either.
    You can share videos on Facebook, it's built into the OS though (not the app)... I believe it even reencodes it to be a smaller size (I don't have a video I want to post to test the resizing)... just go to the Photos app, open a video, hit share, then FaceBook. I've used it several times.

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You can share videos on Facebook, it's built into the OS though (not the app)... I believe it even reencodes it to be a smaller size (I don't have a video I want to post to test the resizing)... just go to the Photos app, open a video, hit share, then FaceBook. I've used it several times.
    Interesting, but if you move videos over via usb to the video folder, you can't do a thing to them. That is weird.
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,769 Global Posts
    Yeah, forgot about that... Always just chalked it up to a preemptive measure to keep you from uploading content that you didn't record.

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    See I thought it wasn't in the OS, duh. I put some videos in videos folder, and well they don't need to be uploaded, but I thought the uploading wasn't there. Put them in camera roll folder, good to go. Damn Microsoft .

This is another "milestone hit" for the Windows Phone platform and it came in a gorgeous way as well!
    Following Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare.

All of them went from a decent UI but poor functionalities to gorgeous amazing full Apps!

So nice
    Bartdog likes this.

Just updated mine and it looks great. Thank YouTube!

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Anyone else having trouble with it jumping between v1.0 and v2.0? have had 6 notifications so far of an update to youtube and each time its either v1 or v2. Im in UK with L820
    tvderg likes this.

I don't use Instagram or Snapchat, but if WP were to get those and a couple of other big name apps then it really would push WP closer to iOS and Android in terms of ecosystem. I know WP is miles behind in terms of raw app count but it would mean that people could stop using the lack of big name apps as an excuse to avoid WP.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast