04-24-2013, 08:56 AM #1
- 14 Posts
I downloaded Indigo and it seems to be an OK app. Granted its Beta, so I give it an OK. Its responsive and does quite a bit. But when you ask for things like scores, I'd like to know the socres instead of being directed to a Bing search. I wish I had a way to immediately launch like Siri. It is pinned to my Start but it would just be simpler.
I does seem to hang periodically when you try and launch. Its crashed a few times and closed itself out. Speak recognition isn't spot on. Makes mistakes and you have to repeat yourself. Search is about as fast as WP Bing search.
- 04-24-2013, 10:09 AM #2“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”- Plato
- 04-24-2013, 10:29 AM #3
I don't think people understand that ANY app that has voice recognition as part of the app is using the same exact thing you use when you hold the start button and bring up TellMe. If TellMe has horrible dictation/accuracy for you via holding start button, its gonna be horrible for you with any app you use. It's not like these apps use seperate voice recognition systems other than TellMe, which is why the apps require you to enable you speech recognition services through the WP8 speech settings. How it dictates natural language is the company's technology, but when you see the text returned to the screen after you speak, that is TellMe...
That said, I don't expect the recognition of any of these apps to be more than 80% accurate until Microsoft rolls out that new speech recognition improvement that was demoed about 3 weeks ago. Until then, it does
horrible with any background noise, and can't dictate between words with common sounds like "hey" and "pay", for example....
Microsoft has a LONG way to go with their speech services, and its unfortunate they dont
04-24-2013, 11:29 AM #4
- 469 Posts
So far it works well. 2 things when creating a reminder or appointment, you need to tap the mic again to continue the conversation which in my opinion should continue without the need to tap the mic. Also, the live tile doesn't update if you remove a reminder in the app.
Anybody getting both things I got?
04-24-2013, 01:04 PM #6
- 367 Posts
Remembering that the app is still in Beta....
- The voice recognition seems to work as well as current development
- Directions work well and tie into your navigation system of choice
- Local recommendations for restaurants or food choice quality is lacking, seems to go with nearest location
- 'Reminders' worked fine. Can be deleted by long hold on alarm bell
- 'Favourites'...unable to figure out how to add items
- Indigo voice gender can be toggled to male/female thru the WP8 Settings....Settings | System | Speech | Text to Speech voice (despite Indigo website FAQ showing 'Speech - Recognition | Synthesizer' options in app Settings...maybe that's only in Android Settings????)
- 'Contacts' interface works well
- Weather is accurate
- Indigo wasn't too well informed on local events...defaulted to 'May I search for that on Bing'
- Calendar/personal schedule was accurate (tho no calendar option shown to select to add in app Settings | Accounts)
- Played music song choice
So that's my experience so far...
Last edited by Kavu2; 04-24-2013 at 01:45 PM.
04-25-2013, 09:41 AM #14
- 14 Posts
I agree with some of the assessments that hitting the Microphone icon each time is inconvenient. It would be nice to have continued conversation. Some questions repeatedly go to internet searches which should be instantly produced. Scores, schedules, etc. Agree with the HERE request. Would be nice detail. I also wish you could open more apps on your phone.
Its a good app for Beta and FREE. It will be interesting to see where they take it.
- 04-27-2013, 06:06 AM #18Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
- 04-29-2013, 04:45 PM #19
I'm a bit concerned with privacy and security when using "personal assistant" apps like Siri, Google Now, and now indigo on WP. Anyone else share these concerns? I feel like I am sharing a lot of information with these apps.
- By TKETZ196 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 07-02-2010, 08:02 AM