Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Banned

Has anyone heard anything of a plan to support wp8 ? I know they have made an app for Windows 8 or RT but do they have any plans for Windows phone 8? :/

It doesn't have to be Firefox it can be any other so please let us all know !!! :'(
    Thanked by:
    GreenEnergy likes this.

I'd love Opra for wp8. Hope it'll come out soon.
    Thanked by:
    Midnight City, iboypx and dknyov like this.
    Banned

More comments please -_-
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,043 Global Posts
    I don't think the SDK for WP8 allows it. I could be wrong, Hopefully a developer will pop in this thread and let us know if it's possible.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I don't think the SDK for WP8 allows it. I could be wrong, Hopefully a developer will pop in this thread and let us know if it's possible.
    in what way if you are talking about not using ur own engine your wrong because uc browser uses webkit were you talking about that. Lol what were you referring to ? xD
    Banned

And agian need more facken comments O.O
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,043 Global Posts
    I am saying Microsoft no longer allows developers to build C++ applications like Firefox, for the Windows Phone Marketplace. Hopefully a developer will pop in this thread.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Thanked by:
    Vb2012 
    Banned

Lol we support native that = c++ do you even know what's going on xD
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I am saying Microsoft no longer allows developers to build C++ applications like Firefox, for the Windows Phone Marketplace. Hopefully a developer will pop in this thread.
    lol xD

Quote Originally Posted by Vb2012 View Post
    in what way if you are talking about not using ur own engine your wrong because uc browser uses webkit were you talking about that. Lol what were you referring to ? xD
    uc browser does not use webkit

C++ is allowed for creation of WinRT Components(COM components from win32 on steroids). You can't access the XAML stack(no access to buttons, menus, etc) from c++ so you either link with C# for UI or you redo the UI using DirectX.

Has anyone heard anything of a plan to support wp8 ? I know they have made an app for Windows 8 or RT but do they have any plans for Windows phone 8? :/
    Firefox do not exist on windows 8(nor RT nor x86 version).

Since the market share is low(no effective data mining for making profit) and you cant make money by selling browsers(and adds will eat too much space to make it usable) I doubt someone will invest the time and money to port firefox to the platform.
    Warning: If this thread is to stay open, it will have to stay open in a civilized way. No matter how right or wrong you are on the discussion, WPCentral WILL NOT tolerate personal attacks. This time I've only warned those involved (you know who you are!) but next time I will close the thread and will be forced to ban the related members. Please don't make me do that as I've an excellent track record of not banning anyone! I like this as a happy family with rowdy members who can discuss without personal attacks. Remember this is *just* a mobile phone you are talking about! Chill.

I've cleaned the thread, but any more reports of such posts and this thread is closed, sorry!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Thanked by:
    eric12341, abel920, wilsey and 1 others like this.

Thanked by:
    maxnicks likes this.

Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Yas, Lord rockstarzzz clocking rude people!

And, as far as I know there will be a Firefox for RT sometimes this year, but no news for WP8 yet.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts
    I love Firefox. It is my favorite desktop browser. But I unfortunately do not see it coming to WinPhone. Anyone in the Mozilla Foundation with mobile programming experience is working on the Firefox OS.

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    I personally wouldn't expect it any time soon to be honest. Firefox made its first appearance for PC's way back in 2004 but didn't make it onto mobile devices until 2010 (Maemo) and then Android devices until 2011.

I hope it doesn't come to wp. It would slow down phones.

i just hope for firefox, because IE disappoint a lot. Like i cant download these pdf that are served on an internal site...firefox for Nokia N9 would do it.

I connect to my PC using HFS HTTP Server and do that quite a bit with IE10.
    From the CO and my 8X

thats not a mozilla product...?!
    thats unofficial

...does it have ANY kind of connection to Mozilla at all? Or is it just some guy taking the name?

Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    thats unofficial

...does it have ANY kind of connection to Mozilla at all? Or is it just some guy taking the name?
    just the name, I now have the app definitely the best third party app but not close to ie10 which is mediocre at best

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    When I try to install the Firefox app it gives me an error message telling me I don't have permission to download this app. This is on the U.K. store.
    I'm wondering how the developer was able to get away with using the Firefox name and logo.

Same here do not have permission to download usa. most likely blocked by ms for copyright issues
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester

Not true ... if you try to download xap file - it works well, so it is just closed beta ... I have installed it and it is OK, but no idea is it really "Firefox" based or not :)

Just send your e-mail (live id) to developer and you will get a download link to install it ...

Did you try SurfCube 3d browser? Its fun to use and customizable... The full paid version is great...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast