Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello, I am trying to find a task list that will work with both windows 8 and windows phone 8. I currently use OneNote and I am hoping for a better solution. I have also tried the task list in windows live but it still isn't what I am looking for.

The only thing I remember seeing was something I think called wonderlist or something similar to that. If you know of any task list you currently use with your W8 and WP8 to keep it in sync that would be great!

thank you!

Global Posts
    30,521 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I haven't really used it much, but you could try Evernote. It's free. Evernote | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu 
    rdubmu likes this.

Global Posts
    30,521 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Here's the link for the touch version of Evernote for Windows 8. Evernote Touch app for Windows in the Windows Store

There's a desktop Windows version too.
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu 
  4.    #4  
    I have thought about evernote but it almost the same thing as Onenote, but I also haven't used it since I had an iPhone in 2010. I will check this out. Thank you Lak611.

Something I used on the iphone is this app: webis.net (pocket informant) it was one of the best apps I have ever used on Windows Mobile as well. I wish this app was available, they said they will not be developing this app because they do not own a windows machine and I guess the API does not give PIM access. Which I know nothing about.

Global Posts
    1,384 Global Posts
    You can keep an eye on Tasks by Telerik. It's a fine app, but there's no sync capabilities so far except with Exchange. Most of the common cross-platform task managers have craptastic clients for Windows Phone, I've personally settled with OneNote until something better comes along.
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu 
    Kevin Rush and rdubmu like this.

What about Outlook? Tasks in Outlook show up as a "to do" list in the WP8 calendar.
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu 
    alienking70, Kevin Rush and rdubmu like this.

How about using the app 2 Day on Windows Phone with a Toodledo account? I've just settled on that because I've been going nuts trying to find a good tasks solution, and it supports everything I need - recurring tasks, projects, and it syncs across platforms. On the desktop I use a program called task angel to sync with Toodledo.
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu 
    rdubmu likes this.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by avsef View Post
    What about Outlook? Tasks in Outlook show up as a "to do" list in the WP8 calendar.
    So far this is the best solution. With Outlook 2013 for my surface pro, it sync's my tasks! Looking for something more robust, but works :)

Thank you to everybody for the help!
  9.    #9  
    Is there a way to get tasks to show up on the Windows 8 Calendar like it shows up on Outlook 2013 and WP8?
  10.    #10  
    How much does it cost? And do they have a windowsphone app?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    ndouni 

Quote Originally Posted by AngryNil View Post
    You can keep an eye on Tasks by Telerik. It's a fine app, but there's no sync capabilities so far except with Exchange. Most of the common cross-platform task managers have craptastic clients for Windows Phone, I've personally settled with OneNote until something better comes along.
    Something better? I love OneNote.

Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    Is there a way to get tasks to show up on the Windows 8 Calendar like it shows up on Outlook 2013 and WP8?
    The Lumia 928 has a to do list built in. As long as there is a due date on it, it shows up in the calendar on the phone and outlook.com and outlook 2013.
    Hi all - I started using To-Do Prime. Syncs between Windows 8.1 on my laptop, Windows RT 8.1 on my Surface 2, and Windows Phone 8 on my Lumia 521. Best solution I could find so far that works on all three. Has categories, reminders, live-tile, reminders, syncing with Outlook.com calendar, and Skydrive backup. I'm impressed.

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    If you're looking for more for a basic To-Do list, TinyDO is great.
    Evernote is much more feature filled and great if you want sync'd cross-platform, and document sharing to just about any desktop/mobile OS.

So far I still like Effectual the best, neat design and good live tile, and yes both Win8 and WP8 version. Although recently I'm having trouble with the Win8 version after upgrading to 8.1. Give it a try on WP though, awesome app

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

I use Outlook tasks and I have been trying the WP app "Iconical" with Outlook (connected to exchange in Office 365 Pro 1). It has the great feature of a large tile, on the WP start screen, that flips with your upcoming tasks on one side and upcoming calendar items on the other. This makes Outlook tasks more convenient/ noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rush View Post
    I use Outlook tasks and I have been trying the WP app "Iconical" with Outlook (connected to exchange in Office 365 Pro 1). It has the great feature of a large tile, on the WP start screen, that flips with your upcoming tasks on one side and upcoming calendar items on the other. This makes Outlook tasks more convenient/ noticeable.
    Does Iconical sync tasks and calendar in the background? Or you have to start the app to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by svenhassel View Post
    Does Iconical sync tasks and calendar in the background? Or you have to start the app to do it?
    Iconical syncs the calendar every 30 minutes typically by running in the background.

Unfortunately, I think I jumped to the conclusion that it was syncing Tasks too, but it isn't? It has "Tasks" and they display on the flip tile but I can't see how to get them to sync? Darn.

Edit:
    I emailed Iconical and they say that the Windows Phone operating system doesn't currently allow access to Outlook Tasks by Apps. They say if this changes, they likely will add it to their App.
    Last edited by Kevin Rush; 01-21-2014 at 08:18 AM.
    Thanked by:

I emailed Iconical and they say that the Windows Phone operating system doesn't currently allow access to Outlook Tasks by Apps. They say if this changes, they likely will add it to their App.
    Yeah, but, if Iconical syncs Exchange, should it not grab those tasks and show them on the tile? I am just looking for something that will show my appointments on one side of the tile and my next tasks do on the flip side.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Durishin View Post
    Yeah, but, if Iconical syncs Exchange, should it not grab those tasks and show them on the tile? I am just looking for something that will show my appointments on one side of the tile and my next tasks do on the flip side.
    I want this too.

I want this too.
    Office365 calendar does something very similar. B sure to set it correctly in settings though...
    Office 365 Calendar | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Tasks by AppaMundi syncs Tasks with Exchange and O365. Besides livetile, it can display info on detailed status place at lock screen. This is the best tasks app in the store ATM for exchange type of use. Clean, fast, simple and works good.

I have been trying all of them. Before the latest updates the one mentioned above, I was using 2day Tasks. It has a lot of function, but its little cluttered and I seemed to experience random things were tasks deleted in the app didnt delete from O365 server, so small problems with the sync. It has a lot of function though.

Hmm I have missed Iconical, I need to check this out.

EDIT: It cant sync To-do's with the server, or did I miss something?
    Last edited by Loco5150; 01-22-2014 at 03:42 AM.

So what we conclude is that the $600 phone in our pockets in 2014 (which has the power of a PC of only a few years ago) cannot do what a WindowsMobile6 phone could do - allow us to manage our lives. Does anybody know or want to guess why MS have hogtied this feature (Tasks) for developers and users alike? It is so simple for a pro coder (a task list is no more complex than email or a database). So it MUST be MS policy (since they have had ample opportunity to address this wish list item since WP7 launched). The reason behind this baffles me. Its not as though they gain by selling a separate device like a satnav or camera... so why can't we have simple reliable task syncing from PC to phone? Why why why?
    Thanked by:

PIN
    Private Message
    1) Not many people use tasks.
    2) There's nothing to stop app developers from creating a fully featured task app that syncs with Exchange.

Seems reasonable to me that Microsoft would omit a little used feature and let others implement it if they wanted to.
    Pete_____________________________________
    Nokia 1520 | Surface 2 | Xbox One | Office 365
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast