- 03-06-2013, 10:14 PM #1
Does the Windows Phone 8 App Preview provided by Microsoft work? It detects my phone. It displays the home screen (screen attached), which shows "Well, Hello there! Lets get started". After that it does nothing when I click on "Continue". I have provided a name for the phone and unchecked the checkbox to "Import photos and videos to my PC". But it does nothing at all..:(
Please advise..or suggest some app which helps me to sync stuff between my HTC Windows Phone 8S with my PC. I am running Windows 7 on my PC.
03-07-2013, 02:09 AM #3
- 119 Posts
But on a more serious note, I had to download and install it more than one to get it to work, and even so the sync seems to take forever. Do you use iTunes to sync your music? I guess it's still got a few bugs and hopefully gets fixed when it comes out of preview.
03-07-2013, 04:58 AM #5
- 44 Posts
@Satish Nair: I think you don't need to use MS app to sync things with your Windows Phone. Just connect your phone to your computer and open windows media player, it recognize your phone automatically, then you can use it Sync tab to sync music to your pc.
just give it a try.
- 03-13-2013, 11:09 PM #8
@longnd: Media Player would be useful to sync just music i assume. But what about other stuff like pictures or to move other files to/fro from the memory card?
Anyway, I seem to have issues while connecting Media Player too. Pls check the screenshot below. Media player too does not detect the device though i have plugged it in.
03-14-2013, 12:25 AM #9
- 64 Posts
- By Nick Talbot in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 02-26-2013, 02:30 AM
- By Urbanpixels in forum Mac OS XReplies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2013, 08:15 AM
- By hopmedic in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 9Last Post: 12-20-2012, 10:24 PM
- By oldpueblo in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 11-01-2012, 03:01 AM
- By worldwaffle in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 10-11-2012, 08:32 PM