- 02-20-2013, 07:10 PM #1
How does blocking a background app affect the live tile?
Ex: CNN, Amazing Weather, Next Gen Reader. Will the live tile still work if I disable the apps?
What about latitude in gMaps Pro? Do I need to let this app run in the background to auto update Google Latitude?
02-21-2013, 03:05 AM #2
- 23 Posts
Background tasks allow the app to run in the background at an interval (for example, every 30 mins) to do a couple of stuffs, including updating the live tiles, and updating your google latitude location while the app is not opened etc. Block these apps will cause these functions for the particular apps to cease, meaning it will not run in the background. However, you can still use the apps as normal.
- By prof978 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 21Last Post: 04-01-2012, 12:26 PM
- By buckeyeballer09 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 01-02-2012, 02:23 AM
- By Fiann in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 17Last Post: 12-14-2011, 12:36 PM
- By deadwrong03 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 11-12-2011, 12:53 PM
- By J4rrod in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 09-17-2011, 04:29 PM