Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
    I've tried the NatWest banking app yesterday and it works better than the iPhone version, it even has the money withdraw feature which the iPhone version doesn't seem to have!
    Everyone contact your bank via email too and get their attention! more people need to do it to get their attention!
    I opened a Natwest account just to try out the app haha; on a relevant note, RBS app is now in the Store.

Great to see another Uk bank supporting the platform and there customers.

Well Done Royal Bank of Scotland 😉
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Foroplex

RBS app is Scotland only.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

True still a UK bank 😉

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    Barclays are now planning an app for Windows Phone, maybe in a response to NatWest & RBS releasing their app. He here the response I got from Barclays.

Thank you for your email dated 20/2/13.

We have to advise that the mobile app is not compatible with any windows device at present and we apologise for the inconvenience that this may
    cause.

We understand that there are plans to release a Windows App in the near future but are unable to provide you with timescales at this time.

Yours sincerely,

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    At least Barclays are possibly revaluating WP, just need HSBC (and Nationwide) now and all the major UK banks will be there.

At least Barclays are possibly revaluating WP, just need HSBC (and Nationwide) now and all the major UK banks will be there.

Don't forget the Government owned bank Lloyds Tsb and Halifax.

Just shows you though, they will start producing apps now another high street bank has added an app to make themselves look good nothing to do with customer service.

Or is that me been cynical

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nokiageek View Post

Just shows you though, they will start producing apps now another high street bank has added an app to make themselves look good nothing to do with customer service.

Nah, it's the fformer, competition it is because banks don't do customer service

I am waiting for HSBC owned First Direct. Hurry up!

Device: O2 HTC Windows Phone 8X 16Gb
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,429 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nokiageek View Post

Halifax have given me canned responses despite mentioning competition. NatWest looks like it could be a fab choice.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

RBS app gets superb reviews, in Scotland. Sad state of affairs.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

This is what Suntrust told me:

"Good morning, Lee. As the mobile device market changes, we will be adding to our list of supported devices. Thanks for your suggestion. We will share it with our Mobile team. "

-_-

Tweeted first direct and they said they had no plans at present but will pass on comments back to dev team.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I agree with this, and it isn't just the UK. For my stocks and banking, I am pretty much SOL when it comes to WP.
    Nationwide Building Society have it listed on their service improvements page now.

If you go here: Windows Phone/ Windows 8 app - Your Nationwide and click "me to" hopefully they will get enough interest to do something.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by rogerandersonuk View Post
    Nationwide Building Society have it listed on their service improvements page now.

If you go here: Windows Phone/ Windows 8 app - Your Nationwide and click "me to" hopefully they will get enough interest to do something.
    Done (even though I don't bank with Nationwide). More banks getting on board is never a bad thing.
    Thanked by:

Unfortunately this is Nationwide's response:

"08 March 2013: Thank you for your suggestion. We do understand that this may be frustrating for you at this time. However, when designing our mobile app we assessed the current market and made a decision to implement a solution that would be suitable for most customers.

At the moment, take up of other devices is an area we are continuing to watch, but given the current penetration rates in the market, we have no immediate plans to support Windows phones.

We regularly review these decisions and will support further devices should the situation change. "

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I hope Santander sort something out soon.

I've sent them a couple of messages and their replies didn't fill me with any hope :(

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Very pleased to learn that Santander have finally joined the WP app market. Can't wait for the final release!

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    C'mon Santander!!

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts
    I agree, banking apps are lacking. I am opening a new checking account soon and I'm trying to figure out which bank to go with. Here are the banks in my area (I live in Ohio, USA):

First Merit
    US Bank
    Key Bank
    PNC
    Huntington
    Chase

I know that Chase has a really great WP app, however it's further away from my house than the rest of the banks. PNC does not have an app, but they are pretty close and I heard that they are working on an app. I don't believe the others have an app/plan on making one.

So it's basically between Chase and PNC. Should I be making a decision based on a mobile app? I feel like the answer is no, but I've never had a bank account before so I wouldn't know the convenience of an app. What do you guys suggest? Thanks!

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'm in the process of moving my accounts from Nationwide to Natwest (in the UK) solely because Nationwide have given me fob-off answers on each of the three occasions I have asked them about developing a Windows Phone app. They don't even have a mobile version of their online banking site -- their "workaround", if you can even call it that, is to log into the desktop online banking site with your 4-odd-inch mobile screen. Natwest do have a Windows Phone 8 app, which gets almost unanimous praise, hence my decision.

A mobile app is as good a reason as any to base your decision on, I reckon. Bank charges and interest rates all seem pretty much of a muchness (in the UK, anyway; I'm not sure if it's different in the U.S.) and, having banked with three different banks over the last 23 years, I can honestly say that trying to base your decision on customer service and account holder reviews is futile: they're all as incompetent and morally bankrupt as each other.
    Thanked by:
    MDak280 likes this.

Natwest app works well on WP8, Android and IOS. Could never get the BB version working though.

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    So it took Barclays about a year to release the app...

Jeez.

Santander have been saying they are working on an app for a number of months so we may have to wait another 8+ months!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast