02-08-2013, 12:00 PM #1
- 386 Posts
Curious that noone posted it yet, Spotify released version 2.0 with WP8 support!! It's a beta, but works pretty good for me.
Spotify Beta opens up your Windows Phone to a world of music. With Spotify Premium you can access millions of tracks from our library, and take your playlists on the go with the Offline mode Ė no connection needed.
Spotify Premium free trial
If you havenít tried Premium before, you can try it on your mobile for 48 hours, completely free. You donít even need to enter credit card details. Simply download the app and log in*.
If 48-hours isnít enough, you can extend your trial by 30 days by following the details in the email we send you when you log in.
- Search, browse & play millions of tracks.
- Explore & play your friends' playlists, top artists and tracks.
- Stream over WiFi or 2.5/3G - all your existing playlists are available.
- Offline playlists - play your music without an internet connection.
- On-the-fly sync - every track you add to a playlist appears on mobile and computer.
- What's New view.
- Receive music from friends via the inbox.
- Starred tracks - tag all your favourites into a special list.
link: Spotify | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
- 02-08-2013, 12:15 PM #4
02-08-2013, 12:45 PM #7
- 2,107 Posts
- 02-08-2013, 01:57 PM #11
If you only ever use your Lumia and like the selection they choose for you and aren't picky about what you hear, then I would agree that it's silly to pay for Spotify when you can use Nokia Music.
- 02-08-2013, 02:01 PM #12
- 02-08-2013, 02:39 PM #14
*edit* - In short, yes, it looks like you need a premium account or the 30-day free trial to use the WP8 app for Spotify right now.
Last edited by cameradork; 02-08-2013 at 02:59 PM.
- 02-08-2013, 03:02 PM #15
- 02-08-2013, 04:38 PM #17
Couple things... Why use it over Nokia Music? Because you can listen to anything you want, not just a pre-defined playlist of music.. You literally have access to any album you want.
I'm noticing some bugs with Bluetooth in my car.. I can't get it to work at all actually, app either freezes, crashes to sits there trying to get the song to work.. Anyone else have this issue?
02-08-2013, 05:14 PM #18
- 2,107 Posts
I've not tried Xbox Music, so IDK if it allows for offline use, but I just can't say that Spotify does anything to justify $10/month, especially if Nokia Music+ gives you unlimited downloads and skips for $4/month (not sure if it allows for track selection).
- 02-08-2013, 06:26 PM #19
02-09-2013, 12:25 PM #20
- 21 Posts
- By TenTwelve in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 11-15-2012, 04:50 PM
- By thecaringkind in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 41Last Post: 08-14-2012, 11:31 AM
- By gedmurphy in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 21Last Post: 07-01-2012, 07:18 AM
- By CamiKitti in forum HTC SurroundReplies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2011, 12:00 PM
- By danygandhi in forum HTC TITANReplies: 8Last Post: 11-15-2011, 03:05 PM