Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    http://m.intomobile.com/2009/03/05/w...ilable-to-all/

Although I can settle for the people hub for now, I find it perplexing that winmo had a native app but WP8 doesn't. I do like the new design of the touch.facebook.com site and I have been using that more lately, but is it really that hard to port the iOS app over?

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    I used to love 6.5. Those were the days when you can REALLY customize a phone.
    ~Sal
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    They can port it, but I'm not sure how much people will like an app that completely goes against the Metro UI guideline

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    "Thanks for your note.

There are already native applications for Facebook and Twitter available on WP (I use them both myself). And we are working hard to try to get Instagram onto the platform.

Regards,

Stephen"

I honestly didn't expect a reply from him, but its reassuring for me to hear they are trying to get instagram :)
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason De Castro View Post
    "Thanks for your note.

There are already native applications for Facebook and Twitter available on WP (I use them both myself). And we are working hard to try to get Instagram onto the platform.

Regards,

Stephen"

I honestly didn't expect a reply from him, but its reassuring for me to hear they are trying to get instagram :)
    That reply right there is the issue. The fact that he thinks the native Twitter and FB apps are actually good. To rectify a problem you need to first admit there is one.
    I can't believe anybody would actually think that app from the WinMo days is anywhere near our current app.. That app was horrible, so was WinMo, even with the help of NRGZ