01-27-2013, 10:32 PM #2
- 366 Posts
I use a mixture. I use the Me tile for all of my notifications and to post a status for myself and the Group tile for my family's Facebook statuses. But I rarely use the people hub to browse the newsfeed. I usually use the Facebook app for that.
- 01-28-2013, 10:17 AM #4
I do the same, and I don't think it's redundant at all. It's actually quite nice to check in or post a quick update from the me tile. Plus, you can post that check in or status to multiple sites (FB, Twitter, etc) very quickly and easily. I still use the Facebook app, and whatever my twitter client of the minute is, to read timelines, etc.
Honestly, I think (hope?) that's what Microsoft had in mind with the people hub and me tile. Quick status updates, maybe reading the timeline of a pared down group of people, etc. Any power use is impossible without a dedicated app.
01-28-2013, 10:54 AM #6
- 81 Posts
- By mrwatson77 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 4Last Post: 10-30-2013, 06:18 PM
- By AdamDawes in forum Developers CornerReplies: 3Last Post: 12-17-2012, 06:28 AM
- By en0xusa in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-17-2012, 12:15 PM
- By scottcraft in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 16Last Post: 05-11-2012, 09:46 PM
- By sting7k in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 17Last Post: 04-11-2012, 11:01 PM