Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Which one do you prefer to browse Facebook on? As I'm indecisive. The Facebook app has great lockscreen functionality, but the people app already has fb built in...

I use a mixture. I use the Me tile for all of my notifications and to post a status for myself and the Group tile for my family's Facebook statuses. But I rarely use the people hub to browse the newsfeed. I usually use the Facebook app for that.
    Thanked by:

That's what I was thinking about doing. Just wasn't sure if it was redundant and pointless having two apps for Facebook.

Global Posts
    1,571 Global Posts
    I do the same, and I don't think it's redundant at all. It's actually quite nice to check in or post a quick update from the me tile. Plus, you can post that check in or status to multiple sites (FB, Twitter, etc) very quickly and easily. I still use the Facebook app, and whatever my twitter client of the minute is, to read timelines, etc.

Honestly, I think (hope?) that's what Microsoft had in mind with the people hub and me tile. Quick status updates, maybe reading the timeline of a pared down group of people, etc. Any power use is impossible without a dedicated app.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Mix, I hate typing in portrait mode and FB doesn't change screen orientation.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dadstar0410 View Post
    Which one do you prefer to browse Facebook on? As I'm indecisive. The Facebook app has great lockscreen functionality, but the people app already has fb built in...
    Hahahahahaa im sorry did you just say Facebook has great lockscreen feature??? It just shows you your random picture of,your albums. I use the app for friend request or when I want to post status and tag my friends.

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    I just set a live tile directly to the Facebook mobile site. I seem to not see everything from built in People app.
    Microsoft does not read these Forums. Please go to the Windows Phone Suggestion Site and make your voice be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by jcagga View Post
    Hahahahahaa im sorry did you just say Facebook has great lockscreen feature??? It just shows you your random picture of,your albums. I use the app for friend request or when I want to post status and tag my friends.
    ...yes...
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dadstar0410 View Post
    ...yes...
    yea doesn't really show you anything useful info but your random pictures. Not that useful lockscreen imo.

Better than only one photo. I prefer the collage-like effect on my lockscreen. That's why I have Lock Buster as well. In general, if an app has WP8 functionality, I tend to try it out and use it for a little bit.