- 01-19-2013, 12:55 PM #1
I'm looking for an app which lets me select the media folder. I want to place some mp3s from my pimsler language cd in a folder then play the files. I need to keep these out of the regular music app. On android I used mixzing. Anybody know if another app that can do this on wp8?
- 01-21-2013, 10:45 PM #6
Using play lists, I came up with a pretty good solution. I use windows media player to sync music so I added my audio folder to it's library.
I then made an auto play list called ALL Music and set some rules including "Album artist is Not ..." I did that for all my non-music audio files. So I can use that play list when ever I want to listen to music. I then made more auto play lists for each set of audio files with a rule like "Album title contains pimsleur" for example.
All this syncs to the phone so I can just click on what ever play list music or pimsleur, etc. This works fine but I'm still surprised there isn't another folder we can access called other audio or something so we could keep it totally separate from music. By the way, the podcast store on windows phone 8 seems really nice. I found lots of good audio shows to subscribe to.
05-14-2014, 08:09 AM #8
- 1 Posts
You can use Pocket File Manager Its a file manager which has play folder feature. They did a workaround - files can be played from Local Storage or Pictures Folder :) For a while its very limited feature, sometimes doesnt read tags, names, cant manage playlists, use shuffle, search, and so on.. but its usable.
05-14-2014, 08:46 AM #9
- 43 Posts
- By D0gsballs in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 12-25-2012, 05:32 PM
- By hirawan77 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 09-05-2012, 06:56 PM
- By ylksa in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-23-2012, 07:52 PM
- By elchebib in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 12-06-2011, 07:51 AM
- By HeyCori in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 07-11-2011, 01:42 AM