Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Nike looks to unleash potential of fitness platform with new developer APIs | The Verge

Hopefully this opens the door for some great 3rd party Nike apps, even if Nike themselves doesn't make one for WP.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

That is awesome news!

It's a great idea because they make their money from the products as opposed to apps. So it's un their best interest to make it work for everyone.

Pardon me for being dumb, does this mean we'll get apps that will work with the fuel band the way the Nike app on iPhone works?

Quote Originally Posted by msualum View Post
    Pardon me for being dumb, does this mean we'll get apps that will work with the fuel band the way the Nike app on iPhone works?
    Presumably this means that any 3rd party dev can access the data that is used by their fitness products (Nike fuel band and others) via these APIs, and make an app utilizing this data so yes. =)

Nike makes their money from the products not the apps, so giving general 3rd party access to their data via the APIs is a smart move by them and opens the platform to any devices that someone chooses to develop for instead of just those they spend money developing software for themselves.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."
    Thanked by: