Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By halamadridkimi
  1.    #1  
    Whats the best F1 App?

The few I have found only seem to give 2012 details.

I want daily updates of changes, rules, news for 2013.

Any recomendations?

Id be interested in this as well

I been using F1 World. So far the best one out on the marketplace
    Thanked by:

It would be nice if NBC made an NBC Sports Live Extra app for Windows Phone (or even Windows 8). They are supposedly streaming all races live on the app, but it is only available on ios and Android.
    I have not found one I overly like and SoftPauer who make the official apps said that they are not making one for WP or Windows 8 at this time...So I just use the ESPN app and the F1 mobile website.

I'm really annoyed that they aren't on broadcast NBC! I won't pay for cable because it costs too much, and I was really disappointed to hear that they would be going the cable route.

FIA is one of the most brand sensitive/protective groups in the world... surprising this app exists as it is does not look FIA produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Onerunjunior View Post
    I'm really annoyed that they aren't on broadcast NBC! I won't pay for cable because it costs too much, and I was really disappointed to hear that they would be going the cable route.
    There are a few races on NBC, but the rest you will need cable for.

Quote Originally Posted by camaroz1985 View Post
    There are a few races on NBC, but the rest you will need cable for.
    I know, I just got all excited that they were going to be on broadcast tv, and then had a huge letdown. Shame really.
    kimi räikkönen the champion of year 2013 ;)

Is there any app that we can see live race from our mobiles ?
    Jaripi likes this.

the official formula 1.com app that is available on iphone, android, and BB is awesome, while you're watching the race you can have a track map on the phone and it shows live positioning of the cars. it's a pretty awesome app. except that it doesn't exist on wp!! i'm pretty annoyed by that.... there is no wp f1 app that compares

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    i posted this last year
    Why are app developers waiting for Windows8 before committing to Windows Phone?

, maybe the live timing link from the article will be handy... http://formula1livetiming.com/go
    Quote Originally Posted by bAN01TgAZ View Post
    i posted this last year
    Why are app developers waiting for Windows8 before committing to Windows Phone?

, maybe the live timing link from the article will be handy... http://formula1livetiming.com/go
    didn't work for me...i guess im just going to have to do it the old fashioned way and just watch the race on tv :P .... Its a late/early one for me - 1:55am start time, but I cant wait!
    By the way, I found this f1 fantasy a few years ago, if you're into that it's quite cool. £60M, 2 drivers, engine, chassis + joker race. Combos can only be used once, so you may not get who you want.
    Its free to join, no prizes or anything just glory :)
    http://www.ff1.co.uk/

You might be interested in our App: F1 Drivers. The app does not do live coverage, but we do deliver the latest news, images, videos from about Formula One from Facebook F1 driver's sites and Youtube in a fast and beautiful app, with search capability: link

screenshot01.png screenshot03.png screenshot04.png screenshot06.png
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,494 Global Posts
    I found this post late but I know why there are no apps showing F1 live or with proper Live timing.

The Formula 1 and its associate organisations are becoming a sort of monopoly for live timings, basically de-activating the services which rely on their servers for live timing. I think there are very few libraries still able to provide live timing but will be stopped soon IMO.

The formula 1 tv coverage rights are also too restrictive, so app found doing so will get a cease and desist. I have been trying all the formula 1 apps on windows phone but I was not satisfied with the granularity of data provided by them. So, I developed my own which I kind of use myself.

I hope windows phone devs can really tap into Ergast's F1 Api and produce stunning apps. This API does not provide live timing, but has race data since 1950 and every detail you might need in the past 10 years.

I wish F1 could release something officially soon, I mean Windows 8 outsold Macs in 10 odd days. Either they are friggin' lazy or are developing something albeit at a snail's pace.

Congratulations to all the F1 fans!
    ESPN Formula 1 app (official) has made it's way to the Store
    ESPNF1 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    And its one beautiful and nice app, I have to say.

Now I hope to learn better news on Schumi from ESPN on my Nokia
    Last edited by vk1971; 01-04-2014 at 02:38 PM.
    Samsung Focus >> Nokia Lumia 822

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts
    The ESPN F1 app looks very nice so far. Glad to see it available for WP.