Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rdjward

Anyone find a good workout/gym tracking app for wp8?

I don't need a cardio/run/bike tracker (my garmin does just fine with that). I'm looking for something that I can use to track my reps, lift weight, and number of sets.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    GymWolf might be what you are looking for. Gymwolf | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    *Bookmarks*

I really like Gym PocketGuide (powered by bodybuilding.com):

Gym PocketGuide | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I'm going to try Gym Wolf to compare though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAccuser View Post
    I really like Gym PocketGuide (powered by bodybuilding.com):

Gym PocketGuide | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I'm going to try Gym Wolf to compare though.
    Can Gym PocketGuide do tracking? Or is it simply a How-to? The main point of a gym app is the tracking in my opinion.

So after attempting to use Gym Wolf last night at the gym, I have to say its a no go.

I got halfway through my workout and then went to enter in another set and bam... everything was gone. My entire workout history was lost.

It appears that there is no local data storage and everything is stored in the cloud. Which sucks if your gym has a little to no data connectivity.

The other issue is that the timer doesn't do anything if the screen is locked. Which is useless. The alarm proceeds to go off if you unlock the screen. But then why bother?

I use to use the jefit app for android. Hopefully something similar comes along for windows phone 8.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I just use Excel files and toss it on my SkyDrive. Easy to do whatever you want with the data that way.
    Residing likes this.

I really like DeekFit Gym Pro.

They have a free version: DeekFit Gym | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

The Pro version is $2.99 (has a trial as well) : DeekFit Gym Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I'd suggest checking out the free version at least. I have found it to be very good and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by profet View Post
    So after attempting to use Gym Wolf last night at the gym, I have to say its a no go.

I got halfway through my workout and then went to enter in another set and bam... everything was gone. My entire workout history was lost.

It appears that there is no local data storage and everything is stored in the cloud. Which sucks if your gym has a little to no data connectivity.

The other issue is that the timer doesn't do anything if the screen is locked. Which is useless. The alarm proceeds to go off if you unlock the screen. But then why bother?

I use to use the jefit app for android. Hopefully something similar comes along for windows phone 8.

I second this. My whole workout was lost shortly after I completed it and locked my phone. I'm still looking for a better alternative.

J
    Funny, my mom told me I should make an app like this! (I always ask her for ideas).

I think she found something, when I get home I'll ask her what she's using.
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Quote Originally Posted by profet View Post

lol I was going to get it cause the app tile looked cool but nvm =/

I used GymWolf too for a few weeks and just encountered too many issues to keep working with it. It looked promising.

Before I switched I used Fitocracy for tracking on my iPhone. They have a great community and a unique way of keeping you motivated to keep working out. As you can imagine they don't have a Windows App.... but their mobile site is actually quite usable. If your gym has a decent signal or free Wi-Fi, maybe check out Fitocracy. I have yet to find anything that comes close to the features, ease of use, coupled with web access.

achieving your fitness goals is hard enough. make it easier it with fitness log. the simplest gym log app on the market.

I use fitness buddy.
    I have honestly not tested it on WP8, but i use it alot on the iPhone (i had to have because of work).
    Now im waiting for my 1020, so going to download it there.

Its also works great for my friends who don't lift that much as it has proper guides showing you how to do.
    One of my favorite features is that it has a countdown so i know when its time to start up again.

Fitness Buddy | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)