Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I really couldn't tell if it's just my phone or is it just the whatsapp for WP.

Got me a brand new L920, and the whatsapp doesn't connect properly at times.

At times I dont get messeges if I dont open it, sometimes it gets really late...

Is it just me? Is this happening to everyone? Is it fixable?

I am using whatsapp and its fine.
    Are you using wifi to connect? if so when your phone goes to sleep the wifi is shutdown and that could cause the late messages.

Global Posts
    1,420 Global Posts
    whatsapp is not really reliable on wp8. I've had it on 3 phones and it always had issues receiving messages especially on wifi for some reason. Took a lot of battery as well.

frustrating as ****... it's happening in wifi and in 3g.

There's no friends in my whats app. Can guys add me to your contacts? Windows Phone Developer: +8613681594548

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Whatsapp is very buggy for WP8 right now.

We need to be patient and wait till the dev updates.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Whatsapp has never been stable on any device. Had it on BB9900 and was buggy. Have it now on L920 and it's buggy. + many of my iOS/android friends complain about it too.

I'm coming from iOS and never had a single problem
    It kills battery. I have uninstalled it since 2 days and phone isn't hot, battery on standby hardly drop about 1%. Happy days.

Three apps to run away from for now:
    Whatsapp
    Skype beta
    Nokia Drive beta

They don't perform optimally. If you use it, you will end up being disappointed at some point.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Anyone else has the (bug?) issue where pressing the volume controls (which is a shortcut to the track you played last) instead shows some other symbol (radio?) instead of a track name, and takes you to Whatsapp on pressing play?
    .................Enjoy Life, you only live it Once.................

I am having HTC 8x. I am not at all facing any problem for whatsapp for last 1 month. its running smoothly and so swiftly
    Quote Originally Posted by K Rad View Post
    Anyone else has the (bug?) issue where pressing the volume controls (which is a shortcut to the track you played last) instead shows some other symbol (radio?) instead of a track name, and takes you to Whatsapp on pressing play?
    Use search on top right.

That isn't a bug per say. That is whatsapp devs being lazy and keeping streaming of kb/min data in background all the time. When you stream songs online on Xbox Music you will see that sign. It means something is downloading or buffering constantly online specifically audio. Here whatsapp pretends to be some audio app using audio API and keeps phone busy all the time. This is THE ONLY way they have managed to get notifications as regular as they are right now. Mind you, they aren't so reliable. This constant stream causes the reported battery drains on WP. The app does not sleep. Ever. Even when you have it close and no one wants to message you on that.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Use search on top right.

That isn't a bug per say. That is whatsapp devs being lazy and keeping streaming of kb/min data in background all the time. When you stream songs online on Xbox Music you will see that sign. It means something is downloading or buffering constantly online specifically audio. Here whatsapp pretends to be some audio app using audio API and keeps phone busy all the time. This is THE ONLY way they have managed to get notifications as regular as they are right now. Mind you, they aren't so reliable. This constant stream causes the reported battery drains on WP. The app does not sleep. Ever. Even when you have it close and no one wants to message you on that.
    You can use the app "Stop the music" to end this process! :)
    And when you open app, it again starts! Its not permanent. Esp when IM apps get constant messages. Also, like all the other background agents, whatsapp will perform a background task every 30-60 mins anyway. So it will stream again.

WhatsApp was NEVER well done on WP. I am using it from the first day on and was never really happy... The thing is: it's not because of WP being a bad OS or anything like that... the developers just don't want to update the ****ty app the way they should...

Thatswhy I left WhatsApp for Hike and it rocks! A LOT faster than WhatsApp and I never missed a single message... So give it a try. Warning: there are still missing some features for Hike. But I'm sure they will update it soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gergolos View Post
    WhatsApp was NEVER well done on WP. I am using it from the first day on and was never really happy... The thing is: it's not because of WP being a bad OS or anything like that... the developers just don't want to update the ****ty app the way they should...

Thatswhy I left WhatsApp for Hike and it rocks! A LOT faster than WhatsApp and I never missed a single message... So give it a try. Warning: there are still missing some features for Hike. But I'm sure they will update it soon.
    Its about moving friends. They don't easily move. People are resistant to change.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Its about moving friends. They don't easily move. People are resistant to change.
    it really is.

does the app use default IM/message notifications from the system? I'd love to separate controls. Some of my whatsapp chat groups are spread over 4 continents and someone is always up all the time.

For some reason some of my contacts show up as ??? Instead of their actual names , and I can't add whatsapp to the lock screen...what can I do?