Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NinjaPenguin777

Hello, I have a problem with Nokia Music on my Lumia 920.
    I don't even know whether this is a bug, or if the app itself is meant to work this way.
    Anyway, this is problem I have: I open Nokia music, tap on "Create mix", and I select 1-3 artists.
    When the mix starts, though, I sometimes get music from other artists.
    Or, even if the first 2-3 songs are from the artists I selected, after those I get again songs from other artists.
    What's up? What do I have to do to listen to just the artists I chose?

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Mix radio like any other radio like pandora or spotify radio app works, uses the selected artist's genre and style and randomly plays music from similar categories.

but the best thing is it plays quite a few tracks from the artists selected unlike pandora where it's a big chance to get the artists track or in spotify very very few tracks from the selected artist is played!

If you want to play all tracks from a selected artist you will need Xbox music pass I guess! Or spotify premium when released.
    Thanked by:

With Nokia music it's not really an exact science so to speak, the artist mix is more of an "these artists and artists similar to them" rather than "only these artists". Personally I quite like this approach, being too lazy to actually keep up with the music scene. :)
    Thanked by:

Perfect, thank you guys :)
    Happy Christmas btw, it's 10pm here in Italy :D

Merry Hamfest to you too ^_^
    Usually you ill only get one or two songs from that artist and then a bunch of similar artists. I like it like that. I put the music I already like on my phone and now I can discover new music through Nokia Music. The only thing they need to add is a thumbs up or thumbs down feature for songs. Or a rating system. Something so that if you don't like a song you can let the app know.
    iSicle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPenguin777 View Post
    Usually you ill only get one or two songs from that artist and then a bunch of similar artists. I like it like that. I put the music I already like on my phone and now I can discover new music through Nokia Music. The only thing they need to add is a thumbs up or thumbs down feature for songs. Or a rating system. Something so that if you don't like a song you can let the app know.
    This! From time to time there's a really good tune in the mix and would love to have a way to mark it as a favorite.