Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    So I just bought a Lumia 920 and I like. I like a LOT. However I have one single gripe which is keeping me from using it over my Galaxy S3. The official Twitter app. I don't know what I"m doing wrong but it won't let me tweet URLs. I enter text into a tweet, paste a URL into the Tweet and while I'm NOT over the character limit for a Tweet, the client won't let me post it. As soon as any URL is pasted into a Tweet in the WP8 twitter client the "send tweet" button greys out and I can't do it. Any thoughts? No I don't want to use Rowi - I'm perfectly happy with the official client aside from this one single issue.

Do you mean the first party twitter integration or the twitter app from the store?

And any particular reason you don't want to use one of the many fine third party twitter clients for the platform?

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I mean the Twitter App.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Try Rowi or Twabbit
    Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

Global Posts
    2,847 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaj324 View Post
    Try Rowi or Twabbit
    Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress
    Quote Originally Posted by max0rd View Post
    No I don't want to use Rowi - I'm perfectly happy with the official client aside from this one single issue.
    There are a lot of fantastic alternatives to the official Twitter app available for Windows Phone. Several have already been mentioned and I'll add Gleek! into the mix.

But then again, if you're perfectly happy with the official client.... I'm not sure why you are thinking of leaving Windows Phone...
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Rowi - amazing. Get over yourself.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Have you tried using the "post message" function within your "Me" tile? That appears to work fine?

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    @George

Thanks for actually trying to be helpful. I just don't understand why the Twitter client behaves this way. So I guess that's really the goal of this post. Am I "doin' it wrong" or is the client just a broken piece of crap? It seems to me, posting a URL into a Tweet the client should automatically shorten it like it does on every other mobile OS.

To answer the other question: Yes using it from the "Me Hub" does work as intended. The question is, what about the official client is causing this behavior? Also, Twitter clients keep crashing out on me with WP8 since Portico -_-