Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Just found this. [s]Not sure if it runs on Windows Phone 7 too[/s] It's available on Windows Phone 7 too, and works like a charm on my Lumia 920. It's quite expensive, but after looking at the screenshots I decided to give it a shot.

[s]One thing that bothers me though is that only 2 Siri-like commands are available at the moment. The meeting one, and the alarm one (which are by the way also accessible from outside the app), which renders it useless if you want to use it for tasks on your phone. That said,[/s] New commands have just been added, and it seems that the app is indeed being updated quite well. More Siri-like commands arrive at quite a fast pace. They just added the first navigation-type commands. The general knowledge engine in it seems to work just great, and is worth the whole thing alone. I tried firing all kinds of insane scientific questions at it within the field of chemistry, physics, unit conversion and biology for school related work. This makes me suspect that it uses the same knowledge engine (Wolfram Alpha) as Siri does. You can talk to it apparently as well, as it responded to some of my general sentences or comments.

If you want to, I can add some screenshots of my queries so far.

As for speech recognition tech, I am not sure what technology is used. Might be the inbuilt Windows Phone 8 speech, or Google's speech API.

Edit
    As per some users requests, I have uploaded a video where I review the app briefly, as shown below.

My video review

Get the app
    Store link

Changelog
    01-02-2013
    - It seems the app is now runnable through a trial, although the price has increased to around $8.
    - The app has just been updated. Some minor changes in the UI noticed, and some stability improvements to prevent crashes I had before.
    - Seems they have added a way to submit feedback to the developers too, and a "review" button.
    01-11-2013
    - The critical Windows Phone 7 bug has now been fixed, and it is functional on WP7 too, a friend told me.
    - New commands have been added, along with the first navigation-based command.
    - It is now possible to delete alarms.
    01-24-2013
    - A crash that occured randomly has been fixed it seems.
    - More than 200 new command examples have been added.
    - The entire UI has been redesigned. It now looks stunning!
    02-04-2013
    - They fixed a few crashes according to the changelog that they now started implementing (yay).
    - They improved the performance.
    03-04-2013
    - They reduced the pricing to $2.49. This is my last post, since the app is not that exciting to me anymore, and because they added changelogs in the app itself.
    Last edited by ffMathy; 03-04-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Gergolos likes this.

Sounds great...but not 3.49 great without a Try option first.
    ffMathy likes this.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggy79 View Post
    Sounds great...but not 3.49 great without a Try option first.
    Yeah, no way I'm throwing away 2 pints without trying them first!
    Boggy79 and James8561 like this.

If you guys want to, I can make a YouTube video of it. I think I'll do that. Then I might be able to convince my e-buddies about its awesomeness too.
    Thanked by:
    david90531 and Gergolos like this.
    Whats the point of using this over the voice command built into WP8?
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu 

Global Posts
    1,222 Global Posts
    Everyone I know with siri rarely use it as anything other than a novelty

Yeah that might be just simply too much for an app like this. I think AskZiggy is pretty sweet, and with WP8 out now i think it will get even better. So AskZiggy + TellMe is enough for me right now I think
    ffMathy likes this.

As per peoples request, I have added a video review. It's still being processed by YouTube, so it might take a few hours before it's available for viewing. I'll make yet another reply when it is.

The video is now live!

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPenguin777 View Post
    Whats the point of using this over the voice command built into WP8?
    I have attached a video that shows what the point of it is.

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    [S]Setting an appointment or an alarm doesn't work instead the app shuts down.[/S]
    It just needs to ask people to reboot the phone so it functions correctly .
    Now alarms and appointments work perfectly .
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Nabkawe5 View Post
    Setting an appointment or an alarm doesn't work instead the app shuts down.
    That works fine for me. Are you using Windows Phone 8? And what device (not that I think it would matter)?

When I create an alarm, it says "The alarm has been created". It also says that when I hit cancel though, and for some reason, it's not inside the "alarms" on my system. But they do ring. I can't delete them either once they are added.

Try and see if they have an update in store for later. I (as I said in the review) surely hope so, since it still has bugs and missing features.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabkawe5 View Post
    It just needs to ask people to reboot the phone so it functions correctly .
    Now alarms and appointments work perfectly .
    Glad you got it fixed. I'm pretty sure I didn't need a reboot though.

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    I updated my post check it out.

One thing I like if you hold the windows button and say alex do something , its really good.
    ffMathy likes this.
    Banned

Seems pointless, its quicker just to type imo

Quote Originally Posted by JammyGitz View Post
    Seems pointless, its quicker just to type imo
    I also mentioned that in the review, and I completely agree. Like I said in the video, it's more of a show-off tool and is rarely useful. I hope they will add a search field to just search for something given a text string instead. I think however that the original point was to mimic Siri's behavior, that so many people have become very happy with.

Global Posts
    1,616 Global Posts
    Thanks for the video and info! I'll give this a shot. I'm not a huge fan of voice control; it's really tough to not come off as a complete tool when using it, but I have noticed more people using Siri lately, even in public. My mom uses it all the time for directions and such.

Quote Originally Posted by jmerrey View Post
    Thanks for the video and info! I'll give this a shot. I'm not a huge fan of voice control; it's really tough to not come off as a complete tool when using it, but I have noticed more people using Siri lately, even in public. My mom uses it all the time for directions and such.
    Before you get it, here's a warning in regards to that statement. It does not (as of right now) seem to support directions. If you ask for directions, it uses Wolfram Alpha to do that or something, so the directions are not at all accurate. To be more exact, it's more like a "Here's the amount of miles from point A to B. Go find the directions yourself.".

Global Posts
    1,616 Global Posts
    Thank you. I probably wouldn't ever use it for something important like composing an email, or directions. I guess that's to say, I'd use it for trivial tasks only, as a novelty. Which is what I think of Siri and other voice integration.
    Sorry this is way to expensive... No reviews yet...and almost $5. The built in tellme works fine
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    Sorry this is way to expensive... No reviews yet...and almost $5. The built in tellme works fine
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    TellMe does not give you information right at hand, nor does it let you execute commands on your phone. That said, I do agree the price is expensive. As for reviews, I suggest you watch my video. It'll also get you the idea of why this is different from TellMe.

Personally though, I still use TellMe for web searches.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I've been using ziggy and this looks a lot smoother in,comparison. It's practical that you can launch commands from start button. However, I would not pay that price without a trial.
    david90531 likes this.
    Banned

Also, would you sit in a cafe or on a bus and blurt things out into your phone?
    david90531 likes this.

A friend of mine just said that he could run a trial of the app, but that the price of the app has increased even further. Yikes. Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by ffMathy View Post
    A friend of mine just said that he could run a trial of the app, but that the price of the app has increased even further. Yikes. Can anyone confirm this?
    I would take the trial and see what it's all about. But the original price is already over my budget for an app like this, so I don't think I would be purchasing it, unless it has a price drop.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast