| | 12-20-2012, 04:13 AM #1
Just found this.
Not sure if it runs on Windows Phone 7 too It's available on Windows Phone 7 too, and works like a charm on my Lumia 920. It's quite expensive, but after looking at the screenshots I decided to give it a shot.
One thing that bothers me though is that only 2 Siri-like commands are available at the moment. The meeting one, and the alarm one (which are by the way also accessible from outside the app), which renders it useless if you want to use it for tasks on your phone. That said, New commands have just been added, and it seems that the app is indeed being updated quite well. More Siri-like commands arrive at quite a fast pace. They just added the first navigation-type commands. The general knowledge engine in it seems to work just great, and is worth the whole thing alone. I tried firing all kinds of insane scientific questions at it within the field of chemistry, physics, unit conversion and biology for school related work. This makes me suspect that it uses the same knowledge engine (Wolfram Alpha) as Siri does. You can talk to it apparently as well, as it responded to some of my general sentences or comments.
If you want to, I can add some screenshots of my queries so far.
As for speech recognition tech, I am not sure what technology is used. Might be the inbuilt Windows Phone 8 speech, or Google's speech API.
As per some users requests, I have uploaded a video where I review the app briefly, as shown below.
My video review
Get the app
- It seems the app is now runnable through a trial, although the price has increased to around $8.
- The app has just been updated. Some minor changes in the UI noticed, and some stability improvements to prevent crashes I had before.
- Seems they have added a way to submit feedback to the developers too, and a "review" button.
- The critical Windows Phone 7 bug has now been fixed, and it is functional on WP7 too, a friend told me.
- New commands have been added, along with the first navigation-based command.
- It is now possible to delete alarms.
- A crash that occured randomly has been fixed it seems.
- More than 200 new command examples have been added.
- The entire UI has been redesigned. It now looks stunning!
- They fixed a few crashes according to the changelog that they now started implementing (yay).
- They improved the performance.
- They reduced the pricing to $2.49. This is my last post, since the app is not that exciting to me anymore, and because they added changelogs in the app itself.