- 02-08-2013, 05:52 PM #54
I just bought this turd and it has to be the single worst app in the store.
You can run down the list of "commands" nearly verbatim and it fails on half of them. And the ones it does do are so insanely poorly thought out that the developer should never write another piece of software. "Alex, set up a meeting at 9" is one of the example commands. At 9 what? AM? PM? OH WAIT, YOU CAN'T SPECIFY! Nor can you specify a date! The "Commands" section starts with "The following commands are just examples of what can be executed". Well, WHERE IS THE FULL LIST? Since half of the examples don't even work, how many different things should we try? Oh, and the developer is so brain-dead that he didn't disable the microphone button while the app is responding, so if you press the mic button too early the app records its own response and tries to respond to it! Argh, this is the worst app ever. If it was like a buck or two I wouldn't be raging, but at its price point I would not expect an app that performs less than 25% of what it advertises, which is definitely the case here.
The app is so bad that I'd even suggest that the OP is a shill.
- 02-08-2013, 06:27 PM #56
The app has existed for a month or so, and has received a major update every week. Expect them to listen if you contact them with constructive feedback, and they will likely take your requests very seriously.
Many of the command examples are from Wolfram Alphas website it seems (http://wolframalpha.com/examples). I assume that is why not all of them can be spoken.
They told me ssomething about adding keyboard support in the future. Maybe that will help? Or maybe they will remove the commands that cannot be spoken. Who knows. Contact them to figure it out!
I'm surprised you took it as far as offending me being the OP. Have you tried anger management?
- 02-09-2013, 04:53 AM #61
Secondly, while your complaints could well be valid, they need to be formatted more constructively and as has been suggested, contact the developer. I've read they are VERY receptive to constructive feedback. However do not phrase it like you did here. Phrase it clearly, explaining the problems, and what you've tried to do to solve them. If you do phrase it to the dev like you did here, well I hope the dev ignores you. I know my response would be to mark it as junk mail if I received this as an email.Windows Phone Central Moderator "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'." - I may not be Paladinleeds by name, but I still use the hammer.
- 02-09-2013, 08:02 AM #63
- 02-09-2013, 08:51 AM #65
Edit: By looking at your past posts in the WPCentral forums, I can conclude that you are (in general) a very negative-minded person. At least that's the impression you leave me with, after offending me. Nobody appreciates that kind of attitude, and nobody wants to listen to somebody who only has something to say if it's about something they hate.
Last edited by ffMathy; 02-09-2013 at 11:36 AM.
02-09-2013, 08:54 AM #66
- 328 Posts
And not sure what your point is anyway about seeing Apple users yelling at Siri. I barely see any Apple users using it. Most of them are texting or actually talking on the phone
Last edited by TonyDedrick; 02-09-2013 at 09:33 AM.
- 02-09-2013, 11:51 AM #67
- 02-09-2013, 12:01 PM #68
Due to the substantial extent to which this app fails to deliver, coupled with its price and factoring in the "pimping" that seems to be taking place in this thread, my review of the app was quite passionate. Everything I have to say about it has been said and my involvement in the thread has now all-but devolved into personal attacks. I have nothing else to contribute to the thread, so I'll bow out.
- 02-09-2013, 01:26 PM #69
As per the rules here:
• Personal Attacks - Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to neither criticize nor insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If you are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic; you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.
• Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.Windows Phone Central Moderator "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'." - I may not be Paladinleeds by name, but I still use the hammer.
02-09-2013, 02:37 PM #71
- 117 Posts
- 02-10-2013, 07:36 AM #75
AllWords (my online dictionary of choice):
- A person paid to endorse a product favourably, while pretending to be impartial.
- An accomplice at a confidence trick during an auction or gambling game.
- German: Lockvogel
- To promote as a fan or customer.
- To put under cover; to sheal.
Etymology: Origin uncertain; perhaps an abbreviation of the Yiddish shillaber. The word originally denoted a carnival worker who pretends to be a member of the audience in an attempt to elicit interest in an attraction
Compare this to the Wikipedia entry on Shill (only quoting some of it due to the length of it).
A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization.
Yes, I would still consider this a personal attack as this could be considered bullying as you are singling the person out and trying to isolate him as an employee of the company (I use the Wikipedia definition as it determines more real life usage of the word). To me, personal attacks are a form of bullying, which is something I will not stand for.Windows Phone Central Moderator "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'." - I may not be Paladinleeds by name, but I still use the hammer.
- By Jenifer in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-22-2011, 11:42 PM
- By Jenifer in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-08-2011, 05:10 PM
- By Jenifer in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-21-2010, 11:16 AM
- By nowshow in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-15-2010, 11:26 PM