Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Quote Originally Posted by david90531 View Post
    I would take the trial and see what it's all about. But the original price is already over my budget for an app like this, so I don't think I would be purchasing it, unless it has a price drop.
    That makes sense. Let's hope they actually do drop the price, since (so far), they have only increased it.

I just noticed that they added buttons for submitting feedback as well. It's now possible to contact them. I've sent them an e-mail asking wether or not more commands will arrive, and what the future plans of the app are. Let's hope they will respond, since some app store reviews regarding that have been posted as well.

Okay, they replied. They said that new navigation-based commands are on their way, but that they are currently busy fixing a very critical bug striking only Windows Phone 7 users. Furthermore, they are improving the user-friendliness, so that universal commands can easilier be understood. They also pointed out that their number 1 priority is to implement things that people have complained about or are commenting about in the app itself, and in the "reviews" of the app.
  3. V J

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Downloaded the trial.

Asked "What's the weather today?" and it performed a search for the sentence instead of telling me the weather.
    Tried asking "What is Will and Grace?" and got the sentence wrong the first attempt, second attempt showed me a page about the TV show which is correct.

On both occasions Ziggy replied with voice and with the correct info (tell me what the weather is like today, and telling me about Will and Grace in a short sentence). Ziggy is still very slow compared to Siri so technically they're both subpar but in this competition of losers, Ziggy wins.

Didn't mean for this to sound so critical, just being frank. Needless to say, I uninstalled.

On the other hand, the built-in voice software on WP8 reads aloud my incoming text messages and lets me send replies by voice alone. I can have a text conversation without EVER touching my phone (something even Siri is not capable of doing). Real handy when your hands are tied.

Asked "What's the weather today?" and it performed a search for the sentence instead of telling me the weather.
    Alex returns the proper weather report for me when I search for that, but Ask Ziggy does not. Can you reconfirm that you said it correctly? Also, is it a Windows Phone 7 device? There's a critical bug for those right now (they told me in an e-mail, see my previous post) that makes it impossible to see the results.

On both occasions Ziggy replied with voice and with the correct info (tell me what the weather is like today, and telling me about Will and Grace in a short sentence). Ziggy is still very slow compared to Siri so technically they're both subpar but in this competition of losers, Ziggy wins.
    I'm confused. Siri? I'm talking about Alex. Maybe it was just a typo, but I am still confused as to what you're really comparing here.

Didn't mean for this to sound so critical, just being frank. Needless to say, I uninstalled.
    Try installing again in a few weeks. They seem to be updating it a lot. Since I bought my license, I got a new update every 7 days or so.

On the other hand, the built-in voice software on WP8 reads aloud my incoming text messages and lets me send replies by voice alone. I can have a text conversation without EVER touching my phone (something even Siri is not capable of doing). Real handy when your hands are tied.
    Yup, TellMe is sweet!

It seems as if they have listened to feedback. You can now delete alarms, and loads of new commands were just added. A bugfix for Windows Phone 7 was added too.

Hmmm, a friend of mine is having crashes on the trial edition after 3 days. Maybe it crashes when the trial expires? Can anyone confirm?

Edit: I confirmed that myself. I contacted them, and they said that a "huuuuge humongous gigantic update (1.5.0.0)" is on the way. Exciting! I'll keep the post updated.
    Last edited by ffMathy; 01-19-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Wow. Just wow. They just released an update. More than 200 command examples have been added, and the UI has been entirely redesigned!
    david90531 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ffMathy View Post
    Wow. Just wow. They just released an update. More than 200 command examples have been added, and the UI has been entirely redesigned!
    It's great to see the developer spending much effort into this app :D

Indeed. Never seen anything like it.

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Are there any voice recognition programs for WP that will schedule an appointment in Calendar?

Quote Originally Posted by GSOgymrat View Post
    Are there any voice recognition programs for WP that will schedule an appointment in Calendar?
    This one does that. They call it meetings, but it still registers as "appointments" in the system.
    Thanked by:

Hi, Am I the only one but this app can't register anything. I tried multiple times and I tried to use the commands written in the app but it only tries to search on the net. I cannot setup anything like a meeting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TruPlaya187 View Post
    Hi, Am I the only one but this app can't register anything. I tried multiple times and I tried to use the commands written in the app but it only tries to search on the net. I cannot setup anything like a meeting etc.
    What did you try asking it for? And did it recognize what you said correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by ffMathy View Post
    What did you try asking it for? And did it recognize what you said correctly?
    I tried to schedule a meeting for a certain day and time, When is my next appointment etc... And yes it did understand me correctly since it wrote back my question but then it wanted to search the Internet. I've posted a screenshot:
    meeting-setup.jpg

I tried to schedule a meeting for a certain day and time, When is my next appointment etc... And yes it did understand me correctly since it wrote back my question but then it wanted to search the Internet. I've posted a screenshot:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meeting setup.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	27701
    That is rather interesting. Maybe it fails at contact name recognition. Try with the contact's full name. Also, see if it works for "Set up a meeting at 9" (without mentioning the participant). Is that the case? If so, I'll report it to them and they'll get it fixed.

Hi, I tried with a full name and it doesn't work that much either but just saying "Setup a meeting at 9" works.

Also, I got an update for this app today and I was wondering what has changed?

Hi, I tried with a full name and it doesn't work that much either but just saying "Setup a meeting at 9" works.

Also, I got an update for this app today and I was wondering what has changed?
    The app improved performance on my WP7 device. Didn't notice any difference from WP8. That meeting command stuff is weird. Let's see if it improves. My experience is that new features arrive on average for every 2nd update (so for every 2 weeks or so), and every 2nd update is a stability and performance update.

Cool! Thanks to let us know!!!!

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    voice agenda is great

I cant seem to get any commands to work outside of the app. For some reason if I say "Alex set up a meeting for 9am" it takes that phrase and the phone does a google search instead. I tried uninstalling the app and trying again but the same thing happened. Seems to work ok within the app.

The price of the app is now $7.99 in the US marketplace and now does have a free 3 day trial.

The price has been reduced to $5.99 now, but the trial has been removed again. I asked them why, and they told me it was due to server costs. The trial overloaded the servers too much in terms of finance. They explained to me that they have to pay a dollar to Wolfram Alpha, and even further expenses to other providers per app-sale.

That would explain the price too.

As for those having issues with the meeting commands, try invoking them from outside the app by holding down your start button. That seems to work better for me. I hope they fix this soon. I was told that Yelp will be integrated "within 2 weeks" around 2 weeks ago when I asked about new features.

Oh, and they are apparently working on a website as well (http://alex-app.com).

It looks like there are some issues with language you have set up under the speech settings on your phone. For some reason I couldnt get the phone to pick up on any commands I was saying outside of the app when I have English (UK) selected, but it worked fine if I had English (United States) selected. I contacted them about the problem and they were very good and said they had an update waiting to be approved with MS, but that the speech language bug would be resolved in the next update.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Milne View Post
    It looks like there are some issues with language you have set up under the speech settings on your phone. For some reason I couldnt get the phone to pick up on any commands I was saying outside of the app when I have English (UK) selected, but it worked fine if I had English (United States) selected. I contacted them about the problem and they were very good and said they had an update waiting to be approved with MS, but that the speech language bug would be resolved in the next update.
    That is awesome. Thanks for letting us know. That would explain why some people have complained over that in the reviews.

Global Posts
    1,421 Global Posts
    It seems these developers are really committed to Windows Phone so I went ahead and downloaded the app. I haven't had much time to play around with it but it seems to be a good start, but I hope the voice gets implemented more. For example, when I ask 'when is my next appointment' it will show the next appointment on the screen-I could have easily accomplished that by looking at the Live Tile but used the voice since I was driving; I was expecting it to actually read 'your next appointment is with Chris at 1:30.'
    ----
    My Device History circa 2007:

Nokia 1020 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 900 > HTC Titan > HP Pre 3 > HP Veer > Palm Pre 2 > HTC Evo > Palm Pre > iPhone 3G > iPhone
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast